Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More pics from the Island of Hawai'i  (Read 460 times)

Telecaster

More pics from the Island of Hawai'i
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »

An interesting thing about the State of Hawai'i is that you can talk about being "in it" when you're not, but once you make landfall you're not "in it" at all.  :)  Rather you're on this or that island. For me to say right now, "I'm in Hawai'i," would be like Neil Armstrong, having stepped off the Lunar Excursion Module, saying, "I'm in the Moon." So…I'm on the island of Hawai'i.

Here are a few snapshots, two from yesterday and one from this morning. All taken with my iPhone. (I brought my Panasonic GX8 along too but haven't used it much as this isn't really a photo vacation.) The beach is Hapuna, pretty much the ne plus ultra of beaches. If I were picking nits I might note the relative lack of natural shade and occasionally rough-ish water. But c'mon, it's just gorgeous! The lava is from along the rough access road to my personal favorite beach, Makalawena. The road isn't as rough as it used to be, though, and so the beach is less secluded. Still not easy to reach, and you have to know it's there 'cuz there's no signage and you'd never guess from the surrounding lunar-like landscape. The almost-sunrise pic is from this morning, just over two hours ago, taken from my hotel room's lanai.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up