Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: frosty morning  (Read 1743 times)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
frosty morning
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »

In Iceland Ireland. Comments?

Jeremy
Logged

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:46:01 pm »

Good shooting, Jeremy. Brrrrrr...
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »

Good shooting, Jeremy. Brrrrrr...
+1.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:55 pm »

Thanks. Christmas Day, a couple of years ago. My wife and everyone I was staying with had disappeared to church, so I had an hour or two to myself. It was pleasant.

Jeremy
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:26:32 am »

Yes, it looks cold but has that fantastic winter sky that I like very much. Let's see if next winter we got some frost here in Switzerland!
Logged
Francois

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25132
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:33:42 am »

Yes, it looks cold but has that fantastic winter sky that I like very much. Let's see if next winter we got some frost here in Switzerland!

You better, or its ciao to the skiing industry!

Rob

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 11:57:03 am »

You better, or its ciao to the skiing industry!

Rob

Frankly with the recurring lack of snow and the very high prices of lodging/equipment/food, I wouldn't want to work in the snow sport industry. Most of the mid-altitude resorts will need some imagination if they want to survive.
Logged
Francois

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2809
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 09:11:53 am »

In Iceland Ireland. Comments?

Jeremy

A great morning with the frost and "complementary" sky. I feel a bit put out in not seeing the landscape behind the near hedgerow. That roundish central tree really dominates the foreground and unfortunately pulls the eye. But that's just me; I'm one for more wide open spaces.
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

marton

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 93
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 07:40:06 pm »

I don't think you went wide enough. As it is there isn't enough interest in this photograph for me. Potential's there, good colour etc.
Logged

Patricia Sheley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »

I'm one for more wide open spaces :Posted by: luxborealis

Well, there are spaces and places, but faces? (Love the new avatar)
Logged
A common woman~

Patricia Sheley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:38 pm »

Hope you've made a mental note of those conditions and the palette...magical...hope you'll find your way back to them because you now sense when they might be around the corner...
Logged
A common woman~

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

A great morning with the frost and "complementary" sky. I feel a bit put out in not seeing the landscape behind the near hedgerow. That roundish central tree really dominates the foreground and unfortunately pulls the eye. But that's just me; I'm one for more wide open spaces.

I posted a somewhat different shot of the scene a few years ago, here.

Hope you've made a mental note of those conditions and the palette...magical...hope you'll find your way back to them because you now sense when they might be around the corner...

I did, Pat: they're fields which belong to friends of ours in Ireland and we visit them from time to time. It's usually warmer, though.

Jeremy
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »

I took this one on the same Christmas morning.

Jeremy
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: frosty morning
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »

That's also very nice. You should visit your friends more often!
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up