Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon - New Drivers MAC OS Sierra - 4.5  (Read 9027 times)

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
Re: Canon - New Drivers MAC OS Sierra - 4.5
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:09:38 pm »

Does the old print plug-in module work with this driver? No new version of it has been released.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 05:44:28 am »

This is just an update driver. To work properly with the Sierra. Other plug-ins and softwre function normally.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:41:41 am »

The 4.50 driver causes the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file to no longer enable No color correction as well as not being able to select Fast Graphic Process at least on 10.11.6. I found that with Application Manages Color selected in apps that default to Colorsync, Color Mode defaults to Color instead of No color correction.

Deleting 4.50 and installing 4.10 corrected this problem. Has anybody tested this on 10.12. Does it work properly on does Color Mode default to Color.

Also I have updated the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file to include Photoshop CC 2017.

Abdo

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 10:08:23 am »

Today I discovered this problem, I clone El Capitan and Driver 4.40.

I returned everything, I do not know how to solve it ....

See the photo, below right, the green completely out ...

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 07:40:04 pm »

Today I discovered this problem, I clone El Capitan and Driver 4.40.

I returned everything, I do not know how to solve it ....

See the photo, below right, the green completely out ...

I need a little more information as I want to report this to Canon.

Are you saying that the 4.40 version exhibits the same problem as I explained about the 4.50 version?

By "I returned everything" are you now back to the 4.10 version.

Anybody running Sierra? Does the 4.50 version work correctly in Sierra?

Abdo

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »

Doyle,

Sorry for my English.

El Captain and 4:40 is work fine.

The problem is in version 4.50 and Sierra.

I got to format my computer, installed only Sierra + LR + 4.5, and the problem continues ...

I believe that Canon this very muddled version with Sierra, it's been more than 30 days and released this version 4.5 with problems.

Sds.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:36 am »

I had a very interesting discussion with a Canon tech this morning. Claims that Apple made them change the 4.50 driver.

What he proposes with the 4.50 driver is this.

With PS choose Printer manages color then go to setting, Under Color matching choose Vendor Matching then in Main/Color Mode choose No color correction and ok that. Then choose Photoshop manages color and choose your output profile and print.

With LR choose Printer manages color then go to Printer Setting, Under Color matching choose Vendor Matching then in Main/Color Mode choose No color correction and ok that. Then choose Lightroom manages color and choose your output profile and print.

Anyone with the 4.50 driver loaded please test this, as I don't see this working because I would think as soon as the you go back and choose application manages color it will default to colorsync.

I don't want to load the 4.50 driver just to test this based on what I have already done that I explained in previous posts.

Abdo

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »

Hello, Doyle.

Thank you very much for your information and clarify with Canon.

Actually following this procedure everything works correctly in the LR.

Maybe Adobe has to make some adjustments to work the profile directly on the panel.

But now this solves my problem and I can use the Sierra.

Thank you,

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 07:26:08 am »

Great. Thanks for testing this.

Now I wonder about the non Adobe applications such as ImageNest, Colorburst Overdrive, i1Profiler, etc. that depend on the listing in the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file.

vjbelle

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »

What a nightmare!!  Thanks for all of your efforts, Doyle.  This more than encourages me to stay with my current workflow which is to use Windows for all serious Editing and Printing.  I have and use both platforms but, for years now, have stayed with Windows for all printing..... editing on a Mac for me has no issues.  I hope the Mac users appreciate your posts..... I ran accross your post in color management (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=101556.0) regarding this issue.

Victor
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:45:47 pm by vjbelle »

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 03:55:30 am »

I had a very interesting discussion with a Canon tech this morning. Claims that Apple made them change the 4.50 driver.

What he proposes with the 4.50 driver is this.

With PS choose Printer manages color then go to setting, Under Color matching choose Vendor Matching then in Main/Color Mode choose No color correction and ok that. Then choose Photoshop manages color and choose your output profile and print.

With LR choose Printer manages color then go to Printer Setting, Under Color matching choose Vendor Matching then in Main/Color Mode choose No color correction and ok that. Then choose Lightroom manages color and choose your output profile and print.

Anyone with the 4.50 driver loaded please test this, as I don't see this working because I would think as soon as the you go back and choose application manages color it will default to colorsync.

I don't want to load the 4.50 driver just to test this based on what I have already done that I explained in previous posts.

I tried this and it worked like a charm! Then I tried it again the next day, twice - in case I did something wrong the first time... and it did not work (mushy colours).

I thought I would check it once more before I posted this and..it worked properly again! (Make a small proof first.)

In the imagePrograf Advanced Preview you can do a final check at the top right-hand corner to ensure color is still off.

I now print through the iPF8400 Print Plug-In in Photoshop with no "colour" problems, although Lightroom would be far more convenient, especially with multiple images.

Anyway, work-arounds are bullshit and I find it very sad that these massive companies don't give a damn about their customers. History shows us that they will all fail in the end.... and I won't shed a single tear.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 05:02:27 am »

After some further testing I will not be printing through Lightroom while this situation persists.

Please don't get too pedantic about the colours matching perfectly in the following illustrations - they are merely to give you an idea of what I have found.

Image One is a screenshot and - for these purposes - the colours I am looking for.
Image Two is printed through Lightroom using the "Doyle/Canon Tech" method. (iPhone pic.)
Image Three is printed out of the Canon iPF8400 Print-Plug-in. (iPhone pic.)

In real-life the Print Plug-in print is accurate.You get an idea in these pictures of the greens in particular.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Abdo

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 05:09:57 pm »

I would like to understand Canon.
Look at the IPF8400 FW, it came out on 10/28 the date it had on the site.
Today I went to look and it appears another date 11/21, only that is the same version ...

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 01:15:18 pm »

I tried this and it worked like a charm! Then I tried it again the next day, twice - in case I did something wrong the first time... and it did not work (mushy colours).

I thought I would check it once more before I posted this and..it worked properly again! (Make a small proof first.)

In the imagePrograf Advanced Preview you can do a final check at the top right-hand corner to ensure color is still off.

I now print through the iPF8400 Print Plug-In in Photoshop with no "colour" problems, although Lightroom would be far more convenient, especially with multiple images.

Anyway, work-arounds are bullshit and I find it very sad that these massive companies don't give a damn about their customers. History shows us that they will all fail in the end.... and I won't shed a single tear.

Your printer dialog shows that you have Lightroom set for Printer Manages Color, which would be your first step before going back to Lightroom. However having Fast Graphic Process selected could be causing a problem. And as I said I can't see how you can be sure that the 4.50 driver is not defaulting to managing color once you go back to Lightroom and set it to manage color if you make one little mistake in the order that Canon suggests.

Abdo

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 07:55:38 pm »

This settings LR :

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 06:29:50 am »

This settings LR :

No. The instruction were to choose Vendor Matching.

Abdo

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 08:43:15 am »

For me this works perfectly. Did you test?

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »

For me this works perfectly. Did you test?

That would work that way except you have no control over the Rendering Intent or BPC. There is also an issue of the assumed (assigned) profile coming from Lightroom if the driver recognizes it so that it can convert to the output profile correctly. That used to be a issue with choosing Printer Manages Color for applications that sent something other that sRGB.

And no I have not tested it since I didn't want to update to 4.50 again. I was thinking of editing out the Lightroom line in AppColorMatchingInfo.xml so the driver would default to color when the Lightroom is set to manage color printing. I was thinking that then I could try and test the way the Canon tech explained it to me.

Abdo

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 05:18:38 am »

Good morning, Doyle,

I do not know if I understand your explanations correctly.

But the screens I put in, do exactly the same thing that was suggested by Canon.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up