Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fallen  (Read 1276 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Fallen
« on: October 12, 2016, 04:18:27 pm »

We had some great colors for a couple of weeks but now most of the leaves are down at this altitude.
I like coming to this spot at a local park when the water is low like it is now. In early summer this is under raging rapids!
IMGP4312-HDR-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
Logged
-MattB

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: Fallen
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 03:48:45 am »

The bridge seems to be falling in one direction and the trees in the opposite direction. The wide composition doesn't really work imo. I think there is potential in the image so possibly looking at it again from scratch will mean there is the possibility of a better image?

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Fallen
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:20:07 am »

I like the subtle colours and water flow. Indeed the perspective distortion (key stoning) is strong, perhaps deserves some correction?

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Fallen
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:39:28 am »

Thanks and yeah, at 15mm there's definitely some obvious distortion. I'll play around with it some more to see if it can be effectively corrected.
Logged
-MattB

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Fallen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 12:10:55 pm »

The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Fallen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 06:55:28 am »

Frankly, I'm not bothered by the distorsion as my eyes seem to be stuck on the lower part of the photo.
Logged
Francois

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Fallen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 08:19:55 am »

The distortion doesn't bother me...

Nor me. Very nice water.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Fallen
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 12:29:49 am »

The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.

I gave it a try tonight. Still not completely distortion free but I think I tamed it somewhat.

Logged
-MattB

Sean H

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 332
Re: Fallen
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 07:47:16 am »

+1
The distortion doesn't bother me, but I'll happy to look at a corrected version if you do one.

I like this one a lot.
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Fallen
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated!
Logged
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up