Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver Efex and Lightroom  (Read 5339 times)

Jonathan Cross

Silver Efex and Lightroom
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:41:40 pm »

I have downloaded and installed Silver Efex and want to use it with Lightroom standalone version 6.6.1.  When I click Edit in, Silver Efex is not an option, yet if I use Photoshop Elements 10, it is an option.  What am I doing wrong?

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Silver Efex and Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:17:51 pm »

AFAIK, SEP is for Photoshop, not LR.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:31:28 pm »

AFAIK, SEP is for Photoshop, not LR.

No, it plays well with LR: I use it all the time. It's so long since I installed it that I've forgotten if I had to do anything in particular, though. Was there perhaps an option to install an LR plugin that wasn't used?

Jeremy

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »

According to the Silver Efex installation tutorial, a screen appears with a list of photo processing packages that it will work with; these include Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom.  This screen appeared when I installed. The specs say it works with Lightroom up to CC/6.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

unesco

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »

during installation you need to select to which application Nik is added, maybe you have not selected LR?
you can also go to Nik online help, since there are some troubleshooting sections about ~"why I do not see Nik after instalation"

nma

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

Try reinstalling Lightroom.

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 04:22:44 pm »

Go to Lightroom preferences and create your own "external editing" preset for Silver Efex.

Regards,
Ron

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »

Success!  Thanks to Unesco above, I went to the Nik Collection help and looked up 'Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing'.  There it is suggested going to Lightroom's Preferences, Presets and unchecking 'Store Presets with Catalog' if already checked.  Unchecking solved the problem.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Jonathan
Jonathan in UK

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 09:21:17 am »

Silver Efex is now being given free, isn't it? I was interested, but it seems it doesn't marry Photoshop CS2, so not much use to me...

Anyone know anything to the contrary?

Rob

BrianWJH

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 06:40:58 am »

Silver Efex is now being given free, isn't it? I was interested, but it seems it doesn't marry Photoshop CS2, so not much use to me...

Anyone know anything to the contrary?

Rob

Rob, CS4 is the starting version that supports the Nik Collection plug-ins (CS5 for HDR Efex Pro 2), but Silver Efex Pro2 can be run standalone via it's executable in Windows, as can most of the other collection apps, not sure about Mac OS x, but probably the same.

Brian.

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 09:36:18 am »

Rob, CS4 is the starting version that supports the Nik Collection plug-ins (CS5 for HDR Efex Pro 2), but Silver Efex Pro2 can be run standalone via it's executable in Windows, as can most of the other collection apps, not sure about Mac OS x, but probably the same.

Brian.

Thank you Brian. I have Windows 8.1 and so I hope the earlier Efex Pro2 will work wth it. Must give it a try, then!

Ta again.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up