Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon - Poor Customer Service  (Read 2001 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Canon - Poor Customer Service
« on: October 04, 2016, 05:29:56 am »

I am really disappointed by Canon's response to the new Sierra OS upgrade.

1. How does a company the size of Canon not manage to get it's act together during the Beta-phase?
2. Around the time of the release (22nd September?) this was posted on the Canon Europe site: "Canon is planning to provide further information by the end of September and we apologise for any inconvenience this will cause." After thirty-five years in the service industry I know that when you promise a customer something by a certain date you either deliver or, if you cannot, keep them informed.

Canon seems to have done neither...unless someone can point me in the direction of any further news?
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
Re: Canon - Poor Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:56:30 am »

I agree !

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=113710.0

Yesterday I received a survey by Canon on the care.

I said exactly that, which is decepcionamte how they treat the problem.

Has no response, date, prediction ... nothing ...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:51:02 am »

1. How does a company the size of Canon not manage to get it's act together during the Beta-phase?
2. Around the time of the release (22nd September?) this was posted on the Canon Europe site: "Canon is planning to provide further information by the end of September and we apologise for any inconvenience this will cause." After thirty-five years in the service industry I know that when you promise a customer something by a certain date you either deliver or, if you cannot, keep them informed.

Canon seems to have done neither...unless someone can point me in the direction of any further news?

Hi William,

Three days ago, Canon updated their information for the ImagePrograf series of printers. Several issues are identified, and some workarounds are suggested. Apparently they have found differences between Beta and Final releases or were not able to solve the issues yet.

Unfortunate, but that's what can be expected around OS upgrades.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:30:02 am »

Hi William,

Three days ago, Canon updated their information for the ImagePrograf series of printers. Several issues are identified, and some workarounds are suggested. Apparently they have found differences between Beta and Final releases or were not able to solve the issues yet.

Unfortunate, but that's what can be expected around OS upgrades.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, but I can only see info for last year...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Mousecop

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:09:51 pm »

Having worked with Fiery, Creo, Xerox plotters, OCE plotters, JDL, HP DesignJets etc., a 2-3 week delay is nothing. Seriously. I've seen drivers for new operating systems delayed by months, years, or just not issued.

Lots of things can also change between a beta candidate and RTM. That's one reason why it isn't always the best idea to update to a new OS immediately.

Anyway. Canon lists the following for OS X compatibility, you can expand the section for Pro printers. Check the page to see when the new drivers are issued.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/Mac-OSX-Compatibility/

And a workaround:
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166610

I wouldn't sweat it, the drivers will be updated soon.

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:21:33 am »

This solution presented by Canon is ridiculous, no need to comment ....

And a workaround:
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166610

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 09:18:49 am »

It's just possible that the problem lies with Apple...

Mousecop

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 09:22:08 pm »

It's just possible that the problem lies with Apple...
Yup, it's Apple.

Photoshop users are reporting printing issues with a variety of printers, including Epson.
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/03/photoshop-office-2016-macos-sierra-fixes-in-works/

Again, this is why it's usually a good idea to wait before doing something like an OS update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up