Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accuraw  (Read 2226 times)

myotis

Accuraw
« on: October 03, 2016, 11:37:52 am »

Does anyone use Accuraw?

https://sites.google.com/site/accuraw/home

I bought a copy some time ago (when trying to process x-trans files), and found the choice of settings a bit too technical for me, but I see it has been recently updated and that there is a dedicated monochrome version.

Neither version ever seems to get a mention (or a review), and I just wondered if anyone used it and what they thought the benefits were.

Cheers,

Graham

Telecaster

Re: Accuraw
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »

I often use Sandy's PhotoRaw on my iPad. It's a much simplified version of AccuRaw but does the basic conversion job very well. In the desktop/laptop market I suspect it's hard to get large-scale traction with anything other than a full-blown editing suite. On tablets a more modular approach typically works out fine.

-Dave-

myotis

Re: Accuraw
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »

I suspect it's hard to get large-scale traction with anything other than a full-blown editing suite. On tablets a more modular approach typically works out fine.

-Dave-

Thanks. I understand the point about the full blown editing suites, but I know that some people seem to have a toolkit of converters that they use for different things. e.g. DXO for Nikon 1 and Iridient for X-trans etc.

Nice that AccuRaw is still here and being updated, so I assume some people are using it.

Cheers,

Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up