Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services  (Read 2988 times)

Georgecp

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:07:59 am »

Hello,

I print for myself un to 17" wide and am looking for a high quality provider to make some larger images for a certain space..24" or 30" wide.  Can anyone provide a recommendation?  I have looked on the web and it is obviously very hard to tell who can product a high-quality, careful, result...

Any recommendations based on experience would be greatly appreciated.  Members of this group will certainly know what high print quality looks like.

Thank you!

George Pappas
Logged

Kevin Raber

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1339
  • Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:00 am »

I would recommend White House.  Visited with them at Photokina and have used them in the past.  Very good services and products.

https://www.whcc.com

Logged
Kevin Raber
[email protected]
[email protected]
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rdonson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3263
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:48:53 am »

I too print my work using my 17" Epson SC P800.  When I need larger prints or canvas I go to an old friend of mine for printing.  He does art reproduction and printing for photographers.  He is NOT a print house per se like many commercial print shops who do volume work.  You do get the personal touch from him and can talk to him about exactly what you want.  He can work with you to determine a paper or canvas that works best for your photo.

http://www.fineartimpressions.com/

 
Logged
Regards,
Ron

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 10:57:03 am »

Hello,

I print for myself un to 17" wide and am looking for a high quality provider to make some larger images for a certain space..24" or 30" wide.  Can anyone provide a recommendation?  I have looked on the web and it is obviously very hard to tell who can product a high-quality, careful, result...

Any recommendations based on experience would be greatly appreciated.  Members of this group will certainly know what high print quality looks like.

Thank you!

George Pappas

Where are you? It helps to know that for recommending such services. If by any chance you are in the greater Toronto area, I would recommend Tricera.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

pearlstreet

  • Guest
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »

I print up to 17" on my Epson P800 and have larger images done by Digital Silver Imaging in Boston. http://www.digitalsilverimaging.com/ They do amazing work, send great proofs for your approval before the final print, and know how to match your style when tweaks are needed. They also offer silver gelatin prints made from your digital file.

I like the baryta papers and in larger sizes, these need to be mounted. Again, their work is superb.

I have never had an issue - very professional group. I highly recommend them.

Sharon
Van Lieu Photography
Nantucket Architectural Photography
Nantucket
Logged

disneytoy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 394
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:27:30 pm »

We do great work for Galleries, up to 44" wide on a 9900 Epson. And we have 25% off all our Epson Media, including the Epson Legacy Papers.

http://dmarcogalleries.wix.com/fine-art-printing

Marc
[email protected]
Logged

Georgecp

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:35:34 pm »

Thank you for all of the replies..sorry for the silence..was out of touch with forum for a couple of days.

I live in Northern Virginia and will look up some of the references provide.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
George
Logged

jamgolf

  • Guest
Re: Recommendations for high quality digital printing services
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »

I have been very pleased with Whitewall. They are based in Germany but deliver worldwide.
I received 2 separate 51x39" acrylic face mount orders extremely well packaged and quickly delivered to Dallas TX at a shipping cost significantly lower than many US competitors.

I would highly recommend them.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up