Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount  (Read 1680 times)

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:48:54 pm »

Team,

I was wondering if someone is already using the new Rotating back RotaMount on the Arca R3mDi (http://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/contents/fr/d84_dos-glissiere-rm3d-arca-swiss.html#p142)?

Any feedbacks in terms of:
- usability?
- accuracy of the mechanism in terms of parallelism of the sensor plane?
- possible issues in terms of dust/water entry in the camera through the space between the rotating part and the camera?
- ...

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard

Doug Peterson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4220
    • http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:18:50 pm »

It's not new. Been around for a couple years. We've sold a handful. It does what it's advertised to do.

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:56:22 pm »

It's not new. Been around for a couple years. We've sold a handful. It does what it's advertised to do.

Thanks Doug.

Cheers,
Bernard

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
Re: Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:03 pm »

I had the Kapture group sliding back for my arca to begin with, thinking that ground glass would be important. Once I started using a vari-ND filter with Liveview on my IQ180 I found I wasn't using the ground glass anymore, and I decided to try the rotating mount.

I've had it for over a year now, and have seen no issues with any of your concerns.  I think it's very helpful in that rotating is effortless, very quick, and the sensor isn't exposed to dust and other issues (dropping?) when changing.   A bit pricey but to me well worth it.

(edit ... Can't believe it's been two years this month since I bought the rotamount)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:50:20 pm by Wayne Fox »
Logged

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Arcaswiss R3mDi RotaMount
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 10:53:22 pm »

Thanks Wayne, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up