Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyperfocal distance on the XF camera system setup  (Read 1441 times)

gagemanning

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54
Hyperfocal distance on the XF camera system setup
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:04:37 pm »

Hello everyone!  Got hopefully a quick question.  Anyone hear using the hyperfocal distance setting on the XF system?  If yes, when you setup the hyperfocal distance do you have to manually put the hyperfocus distance in or will the camera calculate it for you?  What I've found so far, I have to calculate the hyperfocal distance my self.  I just want to make sure I'm doing it correct?  I've read the manual but it is not very clear in my opinion.

P.S.  I know how to calculate the hyperfocal distance for a particular aperture for the XF using software on my iPhone.  I'm just wanting to make sure the XF camera itself can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Gage
Logged

Christopher

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1499
    • http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Hyperfocal distance on the XF camera system setup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:13:52 pm »

You have to do it manually, this sounds perhaps like a bad thing. It is however great! Especially as I used that feature so often on my recent trip.

The amazing thing is that you can actually use any point you want and save focus. When shooting a sunrise or better pre sunrise it's amazing one can save the perfect focus wide open and use it while it's completely dark. It's also great as super fast focus stacking with a lens like the 35.

You often only need to images and it even works handheld quite well. Save a near point as "hyper focus point" focus on the background shoot press the focus shoot again.

This can be done very fast.

My only complain is there aren't more custom focus points to save!


Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
Logged
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

E.J. Peiker

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 891
    • http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Hyperfocal distance on the XF camera system setup
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 07:27:33 pm »


My only complain is there aren't more custom focus points to save!

+1 or maybe it should be +3 for 3 more customizable points :)
Logged

gagemanning

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54
Re: Hyperfocal distance on the XF camera system setup
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »

Thank you everyone!!! I agree it would be nice if you could save a few my hyperfocal points for each lens.

gage
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up