Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now available for download: Capture One Pro 9.3  (Read 5360 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Now available for download: Capture One Pro 9.3
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:24:13 am »

Just released Capture One Pro 9.3

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Software/Capture-One-Pro/dot-release.aspx?

What's new:

Color calibration made easy: http://blog.phaseone.com/profiling-monitor-eizo/

Support for Phase One lQ1 100MP Digital Back

Support for 11 new Cameras

More than 15 new lens profiles

alfin

Re: Now available for download: Capture One Pro 9.3
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:36:22 am »

Support for Fujifilm X-T2, but still preliminary support for X-Pro2 according to release notes? Very strange!
Lars Mollerstrom

N80

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:16:47 am »

Other than the functionality with the Eizo monitor are there any new features or feature tweaks? I do not see any.
George

"What is truth?" Pontius  Pilate

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:55:56 am »

Other than the functionality with the Eizo monitor are there any new features or feature tweaks? I do not see any.

Hi,

According to the Release notes, no new functions for this dot release since version 9.2.1 other than the EIZO calibration functionality.

And besides added Camera support for 13 more cameras, and Lens support for another 17 Lenses and 2 Extenders:

Metadata handling
Some  under  the  hood  changes  have  been  made  to  how  meta  data  is  handled  by  the 
app  and  exchange  with  XMP  sidecars.  There  should  be  no  differences  to  operation  but 
performance and robustness should be improved. A number of bugs have been addressed
as a result.

Recipes
Some under the hood changes have been made to recipes. Operation remains the same,
but robustness and stability should be improved as a result. A number of bugs have been
addressed as part of this refactor.

And additionally a list of various Bug fixes for Mac and Windows operating systems have been implemented.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:44:05 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

JaapD

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:09:57 pm »

Support for Fujifilm X-T2, but still preliminary support for X-Pro2 according to release notes? Very strange!

Strange indeed. I think PhaseOne's release notes are incomplete and they forgot to mention the "preliminary support" part with the X-T2 as well. I suspect they still have no working lens corrections with both X-Pro2 and X-T2. I hope I'm sooooo wrong in my suspicion.....

Shiever

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »

With Fujifilm announcing a medium format camera, it is playing directly in Phase One's backward.  I doubt, as with Hasselblad, that Capture One will rush to complete XP2 or XT2 compressed raw and lens correction requirements.  They may eventually get it, but let us face teh fact that XP2 has been available for over 7 months and has not been fully covered.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:34:40 am »

In the Video for the GFX they are tethered to a Computer running C1. Not sure if it's actually supported just running to a hot folder with tifs.

I agree Phase's past behavior has been to boycott other MF brands.

But this is not xtrans so LR should get a good conversion. And LR seems to have gotten a bit better on the Xp2 and Xt2 conversions.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 07:03:46 am »

I've been running the C1P9 9.3 beta in order to process RAW files from my new Fuji X-T2. It's great and includes the lens profiles for both the X-T2 and X-Pro2. Compressed RAW is not supported yet, but I shoot full size RAW so this is not an issue for me.

The "official" 9.3 version works great too!

I went back to using the LR-CC before the beta and I'm glad to be back on C1P9.

Bud

www.budjames.photography
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »

With Fujifilm announcing a medium format camera, it is playing directly in Phase One's backward.  I doubt, as with Hasselblad, that Capture One will rush to complete XP2 or XT2 compressed raw and lens correction requirements.  They may eventually get it, but let us face teh fact that XP2 has been available for over 7 months and has not been fully covered.

Phase One has, for over a decade, supported nearly all professional quality small format cameras and only their own medium format cameras.

Support of the XP2 is independent of Fuji's announcement theat they will have a medium format camera next year.

skirkp

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 04:29:46 am »

I think that's a bug in the release notes.  I don't have an X-T2 to check, though.  But with X-Pro2 files, the lens profile section of COne9.3 shows manufacturer's profile in effect for all my files.  Note, however, that the only one where it seems to matter is the 35/2.0, which is very dependent on software correction for its significant barrel distortion.  I sent Capture One an egregious example of the 35/2.0's distortion at some point, and was pleased to see its corrections implemented. The 16/1.4, 23/1.4 (and 35/1.4, which I don't have) don't need much correction, and none is offered in the lens profile dialog.  Has anyone tried the new 23/2.0 in release 9.3 of Capture One?  It appears to have been designed for the X-Pro2 and have a similar philosophy (small, quick, software-dependent) to the 35/2.0.

Not supporting the compressed RAF files is a small disappointment, and if that is what defines "preliminary support," then the X-T2 should say that as well.  Adobe supports the compressed files because Fuji provided them with the software to do it (I hear through the rumor mill).  The result is a bßit of a performance issue. I compress my files a directory at a time, after editing and processing.π

The View

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »

Has the bug been cured, where C1 crashes when you try to delete a keyword?

(I just had this happen on my 9.2 version)
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 10:10:14 am »

The release notes confuse me too.  They say that repair layers are not supported for any xtrans equipped camera yet both clone and heal layers seem to work with my X-Pro1 .RAF files.  Has anyone tried this function yet with X-Pro 2 or X-T2 files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up