Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloading C1 Pro 9  (Read 2513 times)

Allister

Downloading C1 Pro 9
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:55:58 am »

I'm, at present, trialling C1. I'm pretty certain to purchase the software but I need to have it on both my Windows Desk Top and my Macbook.
Does anyone know whether this is likely to be problematic?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Downloading C1 Pro 9
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:19:13 pm »

Per license you  can install 3 times Mac or PC.

SADLEY PHase One does not see a boot camp partition running under a Mac as the same machine so the windows side need its own license.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Allister

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:39:21 pm »

Thanks very much Paul. I had a suspicion that might be the case although I am extremely surprised at the inflexibility of C1.
Ah well.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:40:47 pm »

The above answer is incorrect.  You can have up to three installations off of a single purchase and you can mix and match Windows and Mac installations as long as you remain within the three limit.  The Capture One Pro 9 license is a cross-platform license.  You simply download the appropriate version to your computers and activate them with your license key.  It is not a problem if they are different operating systems.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:51:36 pm by E.J. Peiker »

Allister

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 02:27:48 am »

Ah, that is really good news, and thanks for passing it on.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:50 am »

The above answer is incorrect.  You can have up to three installations off of a single purchase and you can mix and match Windows and Mac installations as long as you remain within the three limit.  The Capture One Pro 9 license is a cross-platform license.  You simply download the appropriate version to your computers and activate them with your license key.  It is not a problem if they are different operating systems.

HI EJ,

How is my answer incorrect?  I said you can install per license 3 times windows OR mac, not Windows only or Mac only.

Each license can be used on a Mac or Windows machine.  WHAT cannot be done, is that C1 does not license by machine serial number, but by OS.  So if you run a MAC OS and Windows OS on the same macbook pro VIA bootcamp (I don't know how vmware is handled) C1 requires a separate license for the C1 installation on the MAC side and the PC Side.  You can use your same license number, but it's taken up 2x instead of 1x.  IMO since the two versions of the OS are on one physical computer, it should only require 1 license key.

Not sure how this differs any from your response, besides different wording?

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:46:47 pm »

HI EJ,

How is my answer incorrect?  I said you can install per license 3 times windows OR mac, not Windows only or Mac only.

Each license can be used on a Mac or Windows machine.  WHAT cannot be done, is that C1 does not license by machine serial number, but by OS.  So if you run a MAC OS and Windows OS on the same macbook pro VIA bootcamp (I don't know how vmware is handled) C1 requires a separate license for the C1 installation on the MAC side and the PC Side.  You can use your same license number, but it's taken up 2x instead of 1x.  IMO since the two versions of the OS are on one physical computer, it should only require 1 license key.

Not sure how this differs any from your response, besides different wording?

Paul C

Both I and the original poster interpreted your answer as saying that you can not do a cross-platform install on a single license due to you saying "... so the windows side need its own license".  Sorry if we misinterpreted what you meant with that since he wasn't asking about Bootcamp. 

At least it's all clear now to him.  You can install it on three different machines but if one of those machines is dual OS and you want to run C1 on both OS's then you will burn two activations on that resulting in just two machines.  Not sure why you would want to do that though.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:49:58 pm by E.J. Peiker »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 04:34:59 am »

Both I and the original poster interpreted your answer as saying that you can not do a cross-platform install on a single license due to you saying "... so the windows side need its own license".  Sorry if we misinterpreted what you meant with that since he wasn't asking about Bootcamp. 

At least it's all clear now to him.  You can install it on three different machines but if one of those machines is dual OS and you want to run C1 on both OS's then you will burn two activations on that resulting in just two machines.  Not sure why you would want to do that though.

And one can (temporarily) deactivate activations, to free up the number of remaining activations for use with yet another installation.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 04:51:55 am »

WHAT cannot be done, is that C1 does not license by machine serial number, but by OS.  So if you run a MAC OS and Windows OS on the same macbook pro VIA bootcamp (I don't know how vmware is handled) C1 requires a separate license for the C1 installation on the MAC side and the PC Side.  You can use your same license number, but it's taken up 2x instead of 1x.  IMO since the two versions of the OS are on one physical computer, it should only require 1 license key.
Paul C

This is the standard way in my experience. From a practical point of view, outside your network they are two different computers (virtual or physical it does not matter), so C1 is not doing anything out of the ordinary
Pages: [1]   Go Up