Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing for printing etc.  (Read 1036 times)

FrankStark

Resizing for printing etc.
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:55:27 pm »

Forgive this thread if this has been covered, but what is the best technique - and the best programme - for re-sizing before printing.  Can Capture One do it? Can it do it well? Or do I have to exit CO and go to Photoshop, a plugin, or another stand alone programme?

Thanks

F.
"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others."  David duChemin

FrankStark

Re: Resizing for printing etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:59:01 pm »

I have found how to scale photos in CO in the output recipe. Are there better ways and programmes? Thanks.
F.
"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others."  David duChemin

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:40:04 pm »

I have found how to scale photos in CO in the output recipe. Are there better ways and programmes?

Hi Frank,

The resampling quality of CO was improved a lot with the release of Version 9. It is very good now.
The only thing really missing from CO is a better output sharpening method, and a preview of that final size.

Only if you need to do very large upsizing of the output file (larger than CO allows), there can be a benefit to using dedicated resampling programs like Perfect Resize and PhotoZoom Pro.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:51:08 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

FrankStark

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »

Thank you, Bart. Am working towards printing, but need to get the processing nailed down (more or less) first. Your comments in this and the sharpening thread have been a great help.

F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up