Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dehaze?  (Read 14049 times)

uintaangler

Dehaze?
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:07:18 pm »

Where in the Develop Module can I find the Dehaze slider in LR 6.6.1?

Thanks,

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Dehaze?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:11:15 pm »

Where in the Develop Module can I find the Dehaze slider in LR 6.6.1?

Almost all the way to the bottom.

Jim

keithrsmith

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:14:11 pm »

In Effects

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »

Dehaze is available to LR CC only, unless it's recently been added to LR 6.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:43:36 pm »

Dehaze is available to LR CC only, unless it's recently been added to LR 6.

Oh, sorry. I use CC.

Jim

uintaangler

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

I am on CC
Is it on the left side or right side?
I can't find it!!!

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »

Right hand side when in Develop module, in the "Effects" group (image attached). It is active only when you chose process 2012

uintaangler

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 04:09:51 pm »

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=113168.0;attach=148998;image

Mine looks just like this, except it ends before the Dehaze slider and I am in 2012?

I am processing some Grand Canyon images and would like to see how the Dehaze might help

What should I do?

Thanks!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=113168.0;attach=148998;image

Mine looks just like this, except it ends before the Dehaze slider and I am in 2012?

I am processing some Grand Canyon images and would like to see how the Dehaze might help

What should I do?

When you launch LR, does the window say Lightroom CC or does it say Lightroom 6? What you describe sounds like you have Lightroom 6 installed. I’m not sure LR CC will install automatically if you already have LR 6 installed.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 07:22:03 pm »

When you launch LR, does the window say Lightroom CC or does it say Lightroom 6? What you describe sounds like you have Lightroom 6 installed. I’m not sure LR CC will install automatically if you already have LR 6 installed.
Exactly. Your Lightroom should be "Lightroom CC 2015.6.1". As you said it is "6.6.1" it means you are not using Lightroom CC and that is the reason you don't have the dehaze slider.

uintaangler

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »

Is Dehaze a worthy enough tool to make jumping onto the CC worthwhile for a Lightroom only user?

atzan

• mualpha
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 08:18:37 pm »

Yes Dehaze is a very interesting algorithm and can give impressive results.

There is a way to use it in LR 6.x.x without having to switch pay anything extra. The only drawback is convenience in so far as using a preset instead of a slider. Check here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55998101

Of course it goes witho0ut saying that you need to be a little computer savvy to be able to do the edits etc.  And work carefully in order not to mess up anything!

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 03:11:40 am »

There is a way to use it in LR 6.x.x without having to switch pay anything extra. The only drawback is convenience in so far as using a preset instead of a slider. Check here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55998101

Of course it goes without saying that you need to be a little computer savvy to be able to do the edits etc.  And work carefully in order not to mess up anything!
Thanks for that link. Within that thread is a link to the free Prolost dehaze presets that are dead simple to install and don't really require any serious degree of being "computer savvy".

In the past I've used another strategy which just involves round tripping to Photoshop Elements 14 which allows a basic use of dehaze, but the preset route within Lightroom is more elegant.

Manoli

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 05:15:08 am »

Within that thread is a link to the free Prolost dehaze presets that are dead simple to install ...

Not as free as he makes it seem - it'll cost you at least $0.99 (his minimum).

So who is screwin' who ? The cheapskates who'll try anything to save a buck albeit for crippled functionality or Adobe who are purposefully disabling their stand-alone Lr when (a) there's patently no need to and (b) it's not a question of new feature updates being only part of the CC software development cycle ?

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

... the preset route within Lightroom is more elegant.

Hmmm ... 'elegant' but within the EULA ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:23:29 am by Manoli »

Rhossydd

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:42 am »

Not as free as he makes it seem - it'll cost you at least $0.99 (his minimum).
I've just downloaded them entirely free. Just put zero in the box and carry on.
Probably not the most ethical thing to do, after all the author has gone to trouble of writing the presets and making them available for download. I might go back and make a donation for his efforts now I've seen how well they work.
within the EULA ?
No one is altering any code here. I can't see why using a home made preset could cause a problem.

scyth

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 09:54:10 am »

Is Dehaze a worthy enough tool to make jumping onto the CC worthwhile for a Lightroom only user?
only if your photos are hazy ... also - once you shift dehaze slider some other operations become slower (as they need to repeat dehaze each time to redraw the image for you - for example spot corrections become slower)... so you want to use dehaze closer to end of your adjustments if that is the situation.

uintaangler

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 10:32:17 am »

only if your photos are hazy ... also - once you shift dehaze slider some other operations become slower (as they need to repeat dehaze each time to redraw the image for you - for example spot corrections become slower)... so you want to use dehaze closer to end of your adjustments if that is the situation.

Just got back from the Grand Canyon, where during fire season at least, all images are hazy

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 05:47:59 am »

I've just downloaded them entirely free. Just put zero in the box and carry on.
Probably not the most ethical thing to do, after all the author has gone to trouble of writing the presets and making them available for download. I might go back and make a donation for his efforts now I've seen how well they work.No one is altering any code here. I can't see why using a home made preset could cause a problem.

It's not at all hard to move 1 slider and save it as a preset.

To me, what's unethical is that some people actually charge money for presets.   :o
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

Rhossydd

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 06:01:24 am »

It's not at all hard to move 1 slider and save it as a preset.
You've missed the point. The perpetual version of LR 6 doesn't have a dehaze slider at all, it's only available in CC and PSE
To me, what's unethical is that some people actually charge money for presets.
Nothing unethical about charging for them at all. Someone's gone to the trouble of creating the preset, possibly needing a fair degree of expertise to achieve a specific look, then taken the effort to create a web site to pass it on and has to pay the costs of hosting. No one has to buy them, so no unethicalness about it at all.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 07:03:48 am »

You've missed the point. The perpetual version of LR 6 doesn't have a dehaze slider at all, it's only available in CC and PSENothing unethical about charging for them at all. Someone's gone to the trouble of creating the preset, possibly needing a fair degree of expertise to achieve a specific look, then taken the effort to create a web site to pass it on and has to pay the costs of hosting. No one has to buy them, so no unethicalness about it at all.

Hoggy's right. In this case, the presets were created by moving a single slider and saving presets. In general, the skill in creating presets lies in convincing people that they're buying the emperor's new clothes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up