Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating Profiles for ipf5000  (Read 3473 times)

jamie_m_

• http://www.mymoodphotography.com
Creating Profiles for ipf5000
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:35:21 am »

I'm still waiting for delivery of my Canon ipf5000, apparently Canon dispatched a shipment from their German distribution center last Friday... but with thier track record of delivery promises so far I'm not holding my breath.

Gripe over...

I have been using ColourConfidence Print Porfiler with their CMC2 measuring device, but I've never been really happy with the results. Now having splashed out on the Canon printer I was wondering if anyone has any advice on printer profiling kit?
MyMoodPhotography
[url=http://www.mymood

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:20:34 am »

I am using Colovision's PrintFix Pro Suite. I made several profiles for the iPF and so far to my eye the profiles are doing their job. Colorvisions products have recently come to be popular (USA anyway) recently with the excellent prices on the profiling packages. You could check out the Colorvision group on yahoo groups or colorvision website for more info. Good luck with your search
Gary

I'm still waiting for delivery of my Canon ipf5000, apparently Canon dispatched a shipment from their German distribution center last Friday... but with thier track record of delivery promises so far I'm not holding my breath.

Gripe over...

I have been using ColourConfidence Print Porfiler with their CMC2 measuring device, but I've never been really happy with the results. Now having splashed out on the Canon printer I was wondering if anyone has any advice on printer profiling kit?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

michael

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:29:03 pm »

A somewhat more professional product that's widely used by pros and studios is the Gretag Macbeth Eye One Photo. About $1,250, and suitable for profiling monitors, printers. scanners and projectors.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up