Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon and Timelapse  (Read 2352 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Nikon and Timelapse
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:27:28 am »

Thought I would do a timelapse with my D600 the other day

-manual lens half off stops flicker between frames nicely, 6stop ND made for long exposure for a bit of blur in frames (good)

but I could only work out how to do 999 frames.. which was not enough.

Can nikons (I have D3 and D600 and D70?(?!)) be set to just interval shoot until the cards fill?

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Nikon and Timelapse
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 05:24:39 pm »

Yes, but not directly in the camera. You need either an accessory like the MC-36 or controlling the camera with an external software such as Controlmynikon

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:59:05 am »

Thank you very much.

As an aside - do such devices work across most nikon (professional-ish) models.. which model of controller is the most versatile/robust?

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:52:52 pm »

I'm afraid I cannot give a comparison analysis with other products. In any case, some comments about the MC-36 (which I use)

- It is limited to Nikon models wiht the 10-pin connector, so I believe it will not work with the D70 or D600.
- it looks and feel as a quality product, but I would not say it is a heavy-duty device and the cable may get damaged if abused.
- it is a pain to lock the device in place (as with many accesories that use the 10-pin connector) and the orientation of the guide in the 10-pin connector is not consistent across Nikon cameras. I find it easier to point the camera upwards when mounting the remote.

When using unlimited frames, you may run out of batteries before memory, so you might consider an external power supply.

If it is feasible to shot tethered,  I find the options given by softwares such as controlmynikon (the one I know, there might be others) vastly superior, and it will work with the D600 too (not sure about the D70)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 07:05:08 am »

There's a nice device http://pclix.com that can be used with most cameras and camcorders using various adapters (cable or IR).
--
Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up