Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Varenna, Lakr Como - Italy  (Read 1403 times)

OutdoorsLover

• For the love of Photography!
Varenna, Lakr Como - Italy
« on: August 11, 2016, 09:46:53 am »

Greetings,

I'm in Varenna on Lake Como, Italy for the next few days, and I'm looking for great locations to visit, and photograph. I didn't do any research before arriving - shame on me!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: Varenna, Lakr Como - Italy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:02:20 am »

By ferry to Bellagio (Villa Melzi and Villa  Serbelloni) and Tremezzo (Villa Carlotta). A wonderful view of the lake from Alpe Giumello, in Valsassina Valley: from Varenna to Bellano, from Bellano to Valsassina Valley on the Valvarrone road.

http://www.capannavittoria.it/Dove.aspx

As outdoor lover you can't miss Premana in Valsassina. It is an old beautiful mountain village with a very old industrial tradition in the metalworking and of great value from an ethnological point of view. Premana succeeded in retaining its old traditions and in conserving the natural environment while being competitive in the international markets. In Premana is located Camp, an internationally well known producer of mountain and outdoor gear (you can visit the outlet).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:33:16 pm by muntanela »

stever

Re: Varenna, Lakr Como - Italy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:16:34 pm »

Varenna was the first town my wife and I stayed on our first trip to Italy 30 odd years ago.  Can't remember specific places, but the town was wonderful and we took the little car ferries and probably visited most of the above.  Hope it is still as beautiful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up