Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps aborts print now and then  (Read 1430 times)

NackJich

HP Z3200ps aborts print now and then
« on: August 05, 2016, 06:00:31 pm »

Hi .. it's not happening all the time, but when it does it on a large canvas it's quite annoying. I see on the display: 71:03 if the problem persists call HP support. I have (hopefully) included an image of the problem. It always happens at the last 2/3 cms of the print? Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to what's the likely cause? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:19:12 am by NackJich »

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: HP Z3200ps aborts print now and then
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:05:05 pm »

Hi .. it's not happening all the time, but when it does it on a large canvas it's quite annoying. I see on the display: 71:03 if the problem persists call HP support. I have (hopefully) included an image of the problem. It always happens at the last 2/3 cms of the print? Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to what's the likely cause? Thanks!
For the most part, 71:0X error messages relate to memory issues (problems allocating memory, out of memory, etc.)
On large canvases, you can try printing with JPEG Level 10 images and I would expect you would not see much if any noticeable degradation of the image and it will always print fully.  This is something that HP has recommended in their literature as well.
-Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

NackJich

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:56:04 pm »

Thanks Mark, I will try printing smaller files. must admit i tend to print VERY large fikles, so it is the likely answer. Also, the USB lead to the printer is a lot longer than it needs to be, and it's not the best quality either. I'll change it and see if that stops it happening. Thanks again.

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:53:52 am »

I had something similar happen doing a 12.5m poster print through Qimage. It was a 4 GB file and stopped around 1m before completion. Dropping the resolution fixed the issue.

NackJich

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 08:54:17 am »

I was also using Qimage ... probably a coincidence! Not funny on a 12.5m print!

enduser

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:14:18 pm »

I may be wrong, but doesn't "Print to File" test such things in Qimage?.  In other words if the Print-to-File executes OK, then print to media should be trouble free?

NackJich

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »

Sorry enduser I missed your post. I have it fixed I believe as this annoying fault has not happened for some time. I solved it through the submenu: connectivity / advanced / select I/O timeout. It was on the lowest setting, and I increased it to the max and now the problem seems to have gone. Touch wood.  Thanks for all the replies...

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »

Nice.  Good for you NackJich. 

Glad you got it solved.

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up