Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retired Mill  (Read 610 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Retired Mill
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »

I've done a lot to this image. Does it work? too much? I like the shape of the leaves interacting with the clouds in the top, but do they belong? Is the way I treated them in LR ok?
Thanks for your comments, t
One Day At A Time

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Retired Mill
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:50:11 am »

You have successfully made a new photo look "aged". I agree about the leaves and the clouds, though I do see a narrow "halo" around the dark leaves (sharpening/processing artefact?)

The composition is very straightforward, documentary, even flat with no leading lines or "movement" created by diagonals, c- or s-curves; no dynamism, in other words. While not wrong, and certainly not. Requirement of all compositions, it certainly helps to "guide" the viewer through the scene.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: Retired Mill
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:03:42 am »

You have successfully made a new photo look "aged". I agree about the leaves and the clouds, though I do see a narrow "halo" around the dark leaves (sharpening/processing artefact?)

The composition is very straightforward, documentary, even flat with no leading lines or "movement" created by diagonals, c- or s-curves; no dynamism, in other words. While not wrong, and certainly not. Requirement of all compositions, it certainly helps to "guide" the viewer through the scene.
Thank you Terry for taking the time to critique it so well and thanks to everyone's patience with me. Much appreciated, very helpful.  t
One Day At A Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up