Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whither Adobe? Issues With Accurate Printing From Lightroom and Photoshop  (Read 12497 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com

Does this apply to the boxed version also?

The current downloadable CC subscription versions of LR and PS are fixed; however, I was given to understand today that the non-subscription (permanent license) version of LR is not yet released with the fix.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

LarryPenn

The current downloadable CC subscription versions of LR and PS are fixed; however, I was given to understand today that the non-subscription (permanent license) version of LR is not yet released with the fix.

Thanks Mark, I re-calibrated with i1Pro (new purchase) after I calibrated with the Spyder 4 pro thinking it would help, slight improvement in monitor colors but printing was the same. I have an older photo printed that I re-printed with out changing anything and the color is off. Hopefully Adobe will get this problem fixed soon.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor

Larry, the problem IS fixed - it's just that as far as I was informed yesterday, the "fix" is not yet bundled into the non-subscription version.

LarryPenn

Larry, the problem IS fixed - it's just that as far as I was informed yesterday, the "fix" is not yet bundled into the non-subscription version.

Have any idea when they will have updates for boxed non-subscription version?
I downloaded Adobe file to, Try printing out this color reference image:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip
Colors are off some going through LR. I printed the same file without going through LR and the color is about as good as I have seen. Reds, greens, blues are just more vivid.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor

Have any idea when they will have updates for boxed non-subscription version?

No.

geni1105

Re: Whither Adobe? Issues With Accurate Printing From Lightroom and Photoshop
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 09:33:36 am »

I have another issue where a basic functionality is (at least partly) broken in Photoshop, and Adobe choses not to react or worse yet, simply deny and reject it:
on Mac Retina displays, 100% view is not fully sharp if GPU support is switched on - which is the default - and both image dimensions are odd numbers (like e.g. 4001 x 4001).
The slightly blurry rendering makes assessing critical sharpening impossible, and the only way around is to resize the image to even dimensions.

This might seem an exotic case at first, but if you crop a square image, chances are 50% that you run into it. I have reported the problem to Adobe, but only received the following reply from Chris Cox:
"At 100%, one document pixel is one screen pixel.
At 200%, one document pixel is 4 screen pixels (the way many browsers display images).
You could be seeing a video card driver problem. "

Since I have tested and seen it both on my iMac 5k and on my wife's Macbook Pro, with OS X 10.10 and 10.11. (and different video cards - AMD M9 R290 vs. Intel Iris 5100), the problem is almost for sure within Photoshop.
And even if it were not, Adobe should be highly interested to investigate it - but no further reaction to my subsequent inquiries ... simply disappointing.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 09:54:59 am »

When you reported the problem to Adobe, did you also tell them you experienced the same thing on different computers using different OS versions, different displays and different graphics cards?

geni1105

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 05:43:07 pm »

Yes I did, but there was no reaction whatsoever. I feel like I am blacklisted in their feedback forum.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 06:45:35 pm »

As long as the Forum allows you to post, you are not "blacklisted". Whether they pay any attention is another matter. Even though it is natural behaviour for the first response to be defensive, proposing other causes they aren't responsible for, there could at the same time be a delayed real reaction while they investigate the problem, so don't give up hope. If within several days there is still no response, I suggest escalating it beyond the Forum to a higher tier of customer support.

geni1105

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

As long as the Forum allows you to post, you are not "blacklisted". Whether they pay any attention is another matter. Even though it is natural behaviour for the first response to be defensive, proposing other causes they aren't responsible for, there could at the same time be a delayed real reaction while they investigate the problem, so don't give up hope. If within several days there is still no response, I suggest escalating it beyond the Forum to a higher tier of customer support.

Well, I reported the issue first about May this year, and after discovering its connection to GPU on/off settings once again in June.
Posted it again three weeks ago, this time with my finding regarding image dimensions.
Still no reaction at all. Although I feel like I did halfway the debugging for them already.

Is there a higher tier of customer support? I could only find feedback.photoshop.com ...

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 02:55:52 pm »

I believe (though not sure because haven't needed it for a long time) you can phone Adobe and ask for escalated support.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up