Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stunning aerial work  (Read 3086 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Stunning aerial work
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:41:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:39:43 am by KLaban »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Stunning aerial work
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 08:47:53 am »

Good stuff. Thanks for the link, Keith.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 08:54:23 am »

Stunning aerial work.

Tommy Clarke

I particularly like Salt.

Hi Keith,

The unusual (aerial) vantage point/perspective is attractive and immediately captivating, also because it adds an abstraction into shapes/patterns. However, a number of the images by Clarke seem to be from somewhat irresponsible situations, like flying over populated areas / people / crowds.

I do admire a lot of the projects by Yann Arthus-Bertrand, like his Earth from above series.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:57:59 pm »

Hi Keith,

The unusual (aerial) vantage point/perspective is attractive and immediately captivating, also because it adds an abstraction into shapes/patterns. However, a number of the images by Clarke seem to be from somewhat irresponsible situations, like flying over populated areas / people / crowds.

I do admire a lot of the projects by Yann Arthus-Bertrand, like his Earth from above series.

Cheers,
Bart

I second that: I have French PHOTO to thank for the introduction to his work; they used to publish a lot of his photography.

Rob C

James Clark

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:22:37 pm »

Hi Keith,

Cheers,
Bart

Love the work...   Looks like he's in chartered helicopters/light aircraft, not flying a drone, so I can't see how this would be any more irresponsible than any other flight.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »

Love the work...   Looks like he's in chartered helicopters/light aircraft, not flying a drone, so I can't see how this would be any more irresponsible than any other flight.

Hi James,

If he really used a helicopter, then that's okay (from a security point of view).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 05:54:31 am »

In the case of Arthus-Bertrand, in at least some cases he used ultra-lights. I remember a series in Photo over a central asian desert, where one shot included the shadow of his UL. It was small enough that they could cart it in using a 4WD, then assemble it on-site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up