Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One XF - Hasselblad H6D | Differences / Switch  (Read 21784 times)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Phase One XF - Hasselblad H6D | Differences / Switch
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 07:49:00 pm »

An important point is that the new H6D-Batteries cost almost 400.00 in my country. And I need at least 5 spare batteries. That are some costs, compared to 80.00 per P1-Battery.
Ouch. I just checked and in Australia they $596. I have 4 of batteries for my H3D and none are new, but have chargers in the studio and car. They don't take long to charge and I have the dry cell back up.

I haven't seen the H6D battery but no doubt the price will fall. Are they compatible with H5D batteries?

When I had a Phase back they used Canon batteries but didn't last long.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

zineevo

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 01:16:51 am »

Ouch. I just checked and in Australia they $596. I have 4 of batteries for my H3D and none are new, but have chargers in the studio and car. They don't take long to charge and I have the dry cell back up.

I haven't seen the H6D battery but no doubt the price will fall. Are they compatible with H5D batteries?

When I had a Phase back they used Canon batteries but didn't last long.

The H6D can be used with the H5D-Batteries but I don't know if the H6D-Batteries can be used with older bodies.

Joe Towner

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 01:55:28 am »

At the moment I'm favoring the H6D-100c, for the ergonomics, weight, ease of use, 4K-Video, TrueFocus and also the pricing of their bodies and lenses.
So my PhaseOne XF IQ380 and the lenses maybe for sale in a few days ;)

I'm curious as to what some of the video centric or dual purpose guys like Bcooter as to the 4k files, as I can't grade footage quality.  It'll do in a pinch, but I'll be happy to see what they come up with.

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

zineevo

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 02:24:38 am »

I'm curious as to what some of the video centric or dual purpose guys like Bcooter as to the 4k files, as I can't grade footage quality.  It'll do in a pinch, but I'll be happy to see what they come up with.

-Joe

The 4K-Video isn't a big deal for me. But having that in a camera is a plus.
I can shortly record a small video and have something to show. I wouldn't rely on the Hassy for a real Video shoot - we work with rented REDs, but it's a nice addition. Be it only for BTS footage :)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 03:37:19 am »

Just one small request, zineevo.

As one of the very few here who would have an opportunity to have both bodies at his disposal, could you please do some sort of a comparison shoot? Perhaps you could select a static scene, shoot it with your phase kit, then reshoot it when you get your blad kit?

Thanks in advance!
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

zineevo

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 07:25:45 am »

Just one small request, zineevo.

As one of the very few here who would have an opportunity to have both bodies at his disposal, could you please do some sort of a comparison shoot? Perhaps you could select a static scene, shoot it with your phase kit, then reshoot it when you get your blad kit?

Thanks in advance!

I had a comparison shoot with the IQ380 vs. H6D-50c - it's not the perfect comparison because of the sensor size and the megapixel difference.

When my Phase One Equipment finds a new home, I'll get the H6D-50c with the TradeUp to the 100c as soon as the system starts shipping, so I will not have the option to compare it 1:1.
But if you have any questions about the two system head-by-head - just ask ;)

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:54 am »

But if you have any questions about the two system head-by-head - just ask ;)

I wonder how does the AF compare for portraiture, not necessarily in speed but in accuracy especially at f/4 and below.
Instagram (updated often)

zineevo

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2016, 07:41:10 am »

I wonder how does the AF compare for portraiture, not necessarily in speed but in accuracy especially at f/4 and below.

The AF on the H6D seems to hunt a little more but is faster than the XF. The accuracy on f/4 and below - tested on f/2.8 - is remarkable.
I've never had any issues, TrueFocus is a great feature, as long as you know how to use it :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up