Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Change a Variants file name without changing all Variants of same image?  (Read 2271 times)

algrove

I am working in sessions. I have some selects. I am printing to various papers and want to add different paper detail in each file name. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong as any change on one variant also changes the names of all other variants of the same image? I created variants with "clone variant" since I wanted all optimization to carry over to all variants.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

I am working in sessions. I have some selects. I am printing to various papers and want to add different paper detail in each file name. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong as any change on one variant also changes the names of all other variants of the same image? I created variants with "clone variant" since I wanted all optimization to carry over to all variants.

Hi,

Since you are changing output settings, I'd assume that Output recipes is where you want to make additional recipes.
If you change paper a lot, you could make recipes for each paper and select the (paper)recipe that you want to use for a Variant.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

algrove

Thanks for trying to help.

I am not changing output settings, only the file name of a variant which then changes the file names of all other variants of the SAME image, even though they are cloned from one primary variant. Is not there a way to save a variant's name where other variants of the saem image are not affected?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

Thanks for trying to help.

I am not changing output settings, only the file name of a variant which then changes the file names of all other variants of the SAME image, even though they are cloned from one primary variant. Is not there a way to save a variant's name where other variants of the saem image are not affected?

Variants share the same name.

Bart makes an excellent suggestion - either use a token either to change the name of the exported file or perhaps place exports in folders based on the Recipe name.

Or Edit the 'Description' Meta data tag and Set Annotation in the Print dialog to Description.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:29:31 am by David Grover / Phase One »
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

algrove

Thanks again

Do variants also share the same star and/or flag rating? I guess I could use differing flag colors for differing papers. I am printing directly from C1, no exports per se.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

Thanks again

Do variants also share the same star and/or flag rating? I guess I could use differing flag colors for differing papers. I am printing directly from C1, no exports per se.

They can have different ratings, tags and meta data.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

algrove

Thanks David. That sounds like a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up