Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femunden&Rogen Area  (Read 2492 times)

biker

• powered by a pair of quadriceps
Femunden&Rogen Area
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:14:32 pm »

Some shots from our this year's distance trek through national parks in Norway/Sweden...
It wasn't primarily focused on photography - carrying just a lightweight Fujifilm X30 (...and a pretty heavy rucksack with a tent, food, clothing and other equipment).
Many of the ~1,800 final shots (after stitching panoramas) were taken hastily (because of the strong wind with rain droplets or even snow, or because of swarms of mosquitoes).
It was cloudy or overcast for most of the time but there were some refreshing exceptions. 8)

Please enjoy, critique or ask for more... ;)
Don't wait until the flock moves.
Be first to comment. (Unless you haven't got anything to say.)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Femunden&Rogen Area
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:22:00 pm »

Lovely area.
The third one I wouldn't have expected in Norway or Sweden.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

biker

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 05:28:58 am »

Lovely area.
The third one I wouldn't have expected in Norway or Sweden.

Actually, it's here. It's called Oasen and it's true oasis in the boulder "desert".

thierrylegros396

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 05:43:38 am »

The 3rd is really fine.

Thierry

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 05:17:40 am »

I like #2 and #3.

Sean H

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:17 pm »

Agree with Paulo; nos. 2 and 3 are the best (I lean towards no. 3). What's more, while I like no. 3 as it is, it may be possible to crop it to isolate a tree or two if you felt like doing so. No. 3 is stunning and thanks for sharing and yes, yes,  please post more when you have the time. Also thanks for telling us about the location; that is generous and kind of you. I admire what  you have done under the awful conditions with which you had to face -- the cold, ice/snow and nasty insects, carrying all that heavy gear. It is a tribute to your photographic skills that you were able to capture such good shots.

I like #2 and #3.

biker

Re: Femunden&Rogen Area [+new shots]
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 04:56:04 am »

Thank you all!

Also thanks for telling us about the location; that is generous and kind of you.
No problem. :) If someone invests their money, time and strengths to get there (you can't get there by car) and takes his/her original shots - I'll be glad to see them!

Here are a few more shots as requested. I don't think they're really "great" shots - they're just my humble attempts to capture the beauty of that landscape. Let's see whether I was successful or not.

stamper

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 06:34:36 am »

#3 in the original post is very nice. I am not sure if posting 7 images in the same thread is a good idea? They seem to compete for attention which means you are likely to choose a "winner" rather than looking at each individually.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:00:31 am »

For me the total effect of the group is to make me wish I could go there. Gorgeous place.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Sean H

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:17:37 am »

When I first saw the location of the place you went to on the map I nearly shuddered. It would be like going to Canada's semi-tundra region for a hike in the Spring. Even the type of reindeer that live in that region (we call them Caribou) look miserable in the documentary films I have seen. It is out of the way and the conditions (cold, damp, biting insects) cannot have been pleasant. Yet you did go and despite all of that, there were some good shots. The additional pictures you showed are not, as you suggest, great. However, like Eric, I can see the beauty of the region in those shots and they were worth showing to us. I can imagine that it must have been difficult for you to find the time to photograph and be still (with biting insects and wet, soggy ground, wind and rain) so please know that we are all grateful for what you have shared.  Adam: how did you find out about this part of Scandinavia? Was it was mentioned in the novel, Day of the Triffids?...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:00:45 am by Sean H »

biker