Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import a session into desktop from a new session created on a MBP?  (Read 1552 times)

algrove

I cannot find the "import session" from the drop down list on C1.  Do I first have to create a new session on my desktop in order to import a new session created while away on a shoot on my MBP?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

I cannot find the "import session" from the drop down list on C1.  Do I first have to create a new session on my desktop in order to import a new session created while away on a shoot on my MBP?

Hi,

Can't you just copy the session (subdirectory/folder) files to the new location, and load it from there?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

algrove

I will take my sessiondb files from my MBP, copy them to a new external and then try to drop these sessiondb files into C1.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com

If you create a new folder when moving the images from your camera's flash cards to your computer and then launch C1 and establish a session for those images (or if you use C1 to do the import), as soon as you enter that session, all of the files needed for the session are contained within that sub folder.  All you need to do is then copy that entire sub folder to the other computer and the session will automatically be established on that computer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:55:24 am by E.J. Peiker »

algrove

Thanks for your help. It took a few hours to copy my Capture One folder with 20 session from this remote shoot onto it. Tomorrow I will try to drag the complete sessions with RAW images into C1 and see what happens-one session at a time since some are huge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up