Another good female politician, Mo Mowlem.
Mo Mowlem, Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams of the Sinn Fein/IRA, and Senator George Mitchell
Mo Mowlam chairs a meeting with Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams of the Sinn Fein/IRA and Senator George Mitchell (to chair the Peace Talks). Both sides are point scoring. Mo Mowlem defuses the situation by removing her wig .
Mo Mowlem: 'Sometimes aren't there just times when all you want is a bloody good scratch'. (she was suffering from a malignant brain tumour at the time).
Martin McGuinness: 'I suppose so'.
Mo Mowlem: 'I tell you what, boys. Let's start this meeting again. Only this time, no cocks on the table'.
After the meeting.
Mo Mowlem: 'How did I do, George'?
Senator George Mitchell: 'I have to say you have the most unorthodox negotiating technique I've ever seen in my life. My answer is: "brilliantly". I think we're in business'.