Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 9.2 is now Live!  (Read 8247 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Capture One 9.2 is now Live!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 06:46:32 am »

Seems to be an unfounded posting, too. I would be more than glad that C1 proves you right.

Doug is close enough to P1 that I would take his word on this.

Cheers,
Bernard

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 07:21:23 am »

Seems to be an unfounded posting, too. I would be more than glad that C1 proves you right.

Check my signature and read my prior posts.  :D

Support will come.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 11:56:42 am »

What is a bit sad, is the time lag on new cameras. 

The X-T2 is announced now, ships in Sept.  Odds are that support from C1 will not be until 2017, and more than likely in a 10.x version which will be 99.00 US to upgrade to. 

But since Phase has by far the best x-trans raw conversion out there (in a full tool set raw conversion software), the wait should be worth it. 

It is also a bit sad that Phase can not make their auto mask work with any Fuji X-trans file.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

JaapD

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 03:36:48 am »

I completely agree with Paul, it must be said that C1 has by far the best X-Trans raw conversion. However, without proper lens corrections I have as paying customer zero use for C1 because lens corrections are mandatory for lenses like the 16-55 f/2.8.

If I were head of the C1 development team I would be embarrassed by now. These new Fuji adaptations (reading the lens correction parameters from the X-Pro2 RAW file) simply take them too much effort to implement.

And then there is the already mentioned missing auto mask functionality but also think about the fact that there is no Opengl / Opencl  processing on Fuji RAWs, meaning that all processing is done only by the CPU. Your high performance graphics card is sitting doing nothing. Maybe they should let Iliah (Fast Raw Viewer) write some code for them as he very well knows his stuff.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:55:54 am by JaapD »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 06:56:19 am »

I did not know that open CL was not supported for Fuji files.

But for me since 9.x open CL support in C1 has been poor period. See my post on the error when processing a file which started with the first version of 9. I have to turn off open CL when I process any file.

Windows based.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 08:24:41 am »

Unfortunately, the latest version, 9.2, still does not fully support Fuji X-Pro2 RAW files. The lens profiles are not enabled and you cannot make manual adjustments either, therefore, this distortion of the RAW files cannot be corrected. It does a great job with the Fuji JPGs, which I always shoot RAW+Fine JPG.

For the moment, I went back to using LR CC, unfortunately. Although I must say the LR CC has improved its handling of Fuji RAW files since the previous version. I still think that C1P does a better job with less fuss, so I hope that PhaseOne will sort out the issues with X-Pro2 files soon.

Regards,
Bud James

www.budjames.photography
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

alfin

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:32 am »

The X-T2 is announced now, ships in Sept.  Odds are that support from C1 will not be until 2017, and more than likely in a 10.x version which will be 99.00 US to upgrade to. 
I’m not so sure they will delay X-T2 support. When they have got X-Pro2 to function, it should be easy to get X-T2 up and running also. Hopefully they have support for both cameras at the same time. Also, I think more people will buy X-T2 than X-Pro2, so maybe they feel the need to speed things up. I think the latest version of LR/ACR is doing a great job with X-Pro2 in the meantime.
Lars Mollerstrom

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 04:18:58 am »

Hi,

It doesn't seem to be specifically mentioned in the release notes, but 9.2.1 now enables lens corrections for the X-Pro2 - Great news! Manufacturer or manual corrections seem to be supported.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up