Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase one h25  (Read 12888 times)

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Phase one h25
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:30:51 am »

Good morning with my first post here as a new member. Is a phase one h25 a good choice for tethered shooting with my mamiya rz67 (with adapterplate) and with my cambo and flexadapter? What is a current price for a descent h25 back?
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

henrikfoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 899
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:26:23 am »

The H25 is a very good back. For the RZ67 it is perfect. It should cost maximum 1000$ now.
You will most likely be more happy with this back on the RZ than with a higher res back.
Logged

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 02:49:31 am »

The H25 is a very good back. For the RZ67 it is perfect. It should cost maximum 1000$ now.
You will most likely be more happy with this back on the RZ than with a higher res back.

thank You for your input. I guessed resolution is not the thing that matters most. Now the quest for a good example starts.....
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

Miyata610

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 49
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:30:32 am »

I have the H25. Cost me about $900. I'm loving it with my Hasselblads.
Logged

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:46:12 am »

I have the H25. Cost me about $900. I'm loving it with my Hasselblads.

thanks for sharing your experience!
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:20:31 am »

After reading about the combination and the supportive statements in these posts I sold my Ebony sw45 in order to buy a H25. First impressions are very good. I mounted it on the Mamiya RZ67, the Hasselblad SWC and the phase one felxadaptor on my Cambo SF45. It works on all these combinations without a flaw. Next thing is putting more RAM memory in my macbook pro from 2009 to save time in the use of capture one. I used capture one some years ago adn wan't that happy with it. Now it is much, much improved. Maybe I don't need lightroom anymore...... All in all thanks for the advice! Attached (when it works...) a picture of my SWC taken with the mamiya/ H25.
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

danlandoni

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • www.danlandoni.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »

Shot this with the P25 yesterday. Still love mine!

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »

Nice, especially the first one. Is the p25 the same as the h25?
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

danlandoni

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • www.danlandoni.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 05:07:50 pm »

I believe they are the same sensors. P25 adds LCD otherwise the same!

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 06:42:42 pm »


can the H25 shoot untethered?

Edmund

I believe they are the same sensors. P25 adds LCD otherwise the same!
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

DanielStone

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 664
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 11:20:27 pm »

I believe the H25 is tether only, as it is bus-powered via FW400.
Logged

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 11:56:58 pm »

H25 is tethered indeed. As an advantage You get a huge screen  :)
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 02:40:17 am »

Does anyone know from experience how the back works on long exposures? The data from phase one states exposures to 30 sec and longer.
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

henrikfoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 899
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 06:11:14 am »

Very nice up to at least 30 sec.
Logged

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2016, 09:39:15 am »

H25 is tethered indeed. As an advantage You get a huge screen  :)

You're clearly making the most of it :)
Color on that generation sensor are wonderful.
Good buy.
I wonder why more people don't buy those old backs for tethered use, especially in the studio.

Edmund
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

razrblck

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 482
  • Chill
    • Instagram
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 11:09:23 am »

The H25 is really hard to find on the used market, but you can find plenty of H10s.
Logged
Instagram (updated often)

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 04:25:53 pm »

I am indeed very pleased with it. Great for portrait!
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

yashima

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »

How do you shoot it outdoor? Do you bring your Macbook with you?
Logged

photoenthusiasm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 01:13:58 am »

Yes, not what You call portable but all fit in a rather small backpack
Logged
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

Phil Indeblanc

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2017
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 01:02:46 am »

Hi guys,
Its been a while.
Looking for a ultra wide for my Canon, a Rokinon 12mm was reviewed by LL, and here I am.

Yes, the H25 I have used for years, and as much as I wanted to upgrade for larger more pixels, it performed so well in studio, there was no need.

Only thing now is how can you connect it to a MacBook Pro(2014) that doesn't have FWire!? That would also be my issue.

I highly recommend you get the RZ Pro2 D, as in digital. I also used the dual shutter release to make it easier with using a RZ plate adapter since my H25 was a Hass V back.
I have the entire RZ kit down to the 37mm ultra wide. Pretty amazing. The RZ is such a nice setup.  P25's go for $3k and up, so if you can get an H for under 1K, that is a great deal. I have had a few DB's and the H25 is just a beautiful work horse with no other function... for good or bad, other than capture. The shots are about 1-2 seconds for clearing the black and color target registration and on to the next frame. You can get a good pace once things start going smooth.  I had a super long FW cable tethered to my PC, and it worked great with a FW powered hub extender. You can get pretty "free" and far with it to roam around. With a nice set of Rod and Scheider glass on a 4x5 nothing makes me want to leave it behind. Ultra sharp and beautiful render and light control. It was my main b&b tool for work.

The H25 now has 4 pixels in a row showing up green. Not sure what its from, but I was simply editing these at the time.
The P25 cuts the cord and puts you mobile with all the nice things the H25 does, but batteries and a weak screen are its "down sides".

Danlandoni: That is such a nice breathing image, a good example.
Logged
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up