Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Stormy Old Man of Storr  (Read 1904 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1098
    • WEBSITE
The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« on: June 08, 2016, 09:50:41 am »

Having to dedicate all my attention to the group, it's not easy to find the time to work while teaching a Workshop; this year on Skye I could make 3-4 images. This is one of them: The Stormy Old Man of Storr, with the Leica SL and the Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm.



Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri
Logged
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for NYA-EVO bags
https://www.vieribottazzini.com

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 10:17:12 am »

Very, very nice and you should be happy with the processing.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 11:24:30 am »

Process is spot-on and the sky simply fantastic. Excellent contrast between the "moving" clouds and the solid rock formations.
Bravo!
Logged
Francois

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 12:41:09 pm »

Another stunner.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 03:55:53 am »

Very good indeed. Magnificent sky!

How long was the exposure? I'm just curious.

Jeremy
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 04:24:52 am »

Great stuff.

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:11:19 am »

+1, no make that +2.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

kencameron

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 840
    • Recent Photographs
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

It is certainly a striking shot, beautifully composed and processed. I found myself wondering, though, what it would have looked like with a more conventional cloudy sky, and whether I would have preferred it that way.
Logged
Ken Cameron

John Koerner

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 866
  • "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »

Epic
Logged

Vieri Bottazzini

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1098
    • WEBSITE
Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 11:32:46 am »

Thank you very much everyone, I am glad you enjoyed it!  :D

Very good indeed. Magnificent sky!

How long was the exposure? I'm just curious.

Jeremy

Jeremy, this was a relatively short pose of 15 seconds.

It is certainly a striking shot, beautifully composed and processed. I found myself wondering, though, what it would have looked like with a more conventional cloudy sky, and whether I would have preferred it that way.

Ken, to my taste it would have looked much less dynamic and therefore more boring, this is why I decided to go for some motion. Of course, I appreciate it that everyone's taste is different  :D

Thanks again everyone, best

Vieri
Logged
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for NYA-EVO bags
https://www.vieribottazzini.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up