Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Media Pro SE  (Read 3067 times)

G.A.

Phase One Media Pro SE
« on: June 07, 2016, 02:07:51 pm »

I received an email from Phase One yesterday regarding Media Pro SE.  I guess I have been thinking that since Capture One 9 and better dam integration that the old Media Pro was going to be mostly integrated into Capture One more and more moving forward. 

I'm writing to see if anyone has any insight to what this means for dam in Capture One vs. Media Pro SE, i.e., can one get buy with just Capture One or if one really needs Media Pro SE. 

I used to use Media Pro back when it was iView Media, then the Microsoft deal and then Phase One, but in my opinion Phase One let it languish for years.

I watched one of the videos they link to and was half way through before I realized it's five years old.  I quickly looked at several other linked videos and they all appear to be from 2011 and narrated by Peter Krogh.

Best,
G.A.

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Phase One Media Pro SE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:14:53 am »

If all you want is a DAM then its fine as far as I know.
However, and this is very important, it is not color managed. In my experience, the reds and yellows are exaggerated to the point of appearing neon.

Media Pro will allow one to edit in C1 via sessions, and those changes will be reflected in Media Pro. However since its not color managed, viewing and exporting images will be inaccurate while in Media Pro.

So, if you want to accurately see your C1 edited images, you have to re-open them in C1.

If you want to send your C1 edited images to a client as a file other than RAW, again it will have to be opened in C1, developed, saved, then opened directly in your mail app.

So in essence, if you want something to hold and sort files, its fine. If you want something to accurately represent your C1 edited files, forget about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up