Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does one have more "emotion"?  (Read 564 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Does one have more "emotion"?
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:50:46 am »

Just wondering if one of these images conveys the race track / event as having a stronger pull on the kid, to you?
One Day At A Time

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Does one have more "emotion"?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:55:55 am »

The bottom one has him looking at something I can't see, and that makes it appear that he's more interested than he is in the first one

pw-pix

• My Flickr stream
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:42:10 am »

The first image shows more connection between the person looking through the fence and the car on the track.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:57:40 am »

Just wondering if one of these images conveys the race track / event as having a stronger pull on the kid, to you?

I don't know if "emotion" is the term I would use.  But I find the first picture more interesting.  There is a connection between the model and the car and therefore a connection to me as the viewer.

The second picture separates me from the model as I am "seeing" something the model is not focusing on.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:12:16 pm »

I don't know if "emotion" is the term I would use.  But I find the first picture more interesting.  There is a connection between the model and the car and therefore a connection to me as the viewer.

The second picture separates me from the model as I am "seeing" something the model is not focusing on.

Agreed
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up