Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens support in C1 (Olympus and Panasonic)  (Read 2118 times)

mediumcool

Lens support in C1 (Olympus and Panasonic)
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »

The screenshots are self-explanatory, to a point. The lens is a Lumix 25mm f/1.7—distortion is not correctable both vertically and horizontally with the manual slider. Unhappy camper, considering it’s v9.1.2. I do have three Olympus lenses which are supported.

Forgot that the B/G is not 255-255-255!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:42:58 pm by mediumcool »
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Lens support in C1 (Olympus and Panasonic)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:20:44 pm »

In the second example - have you got 'Manufacturer Profile' available?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

mediumcool

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:01:54 am »

David, my apologies for not replying earlier—notifications are not turned on for this thread. Here is a screenshot of what I see in C1 (9.1.2).

Whoops—I painted the BG in in Pixelmator, and it looks a little patchy. Cest la vie!

mediumcool

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:40 am »

I am wondering if this house is not the best example to talk about distortion. It may be that the posts on the pillars are bow-legged! Time for the obligatory brick wall shot …

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:10:05 am »

I am wondering if this house is not the best example to talk about distortion. It may be that the posts on the pillars are bow-legged! Time for the obligatory brick wall shot …

Ok so its a Panasonic lens on an Olympus body?  I am guessing thats the issue as the manufacturer data isn't being passed through.

If you put a native lens on you will see 'Manufacturer Profile" and all would be well.
David Grover

mediumcool

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 08:50:35 am »

[scratches head]

David, I really do not understand your reply. I use both Olympus and Panasonic lenses, mostly on an Olympus E-M5; I have one other Panasonic lens (45–175) which DOES show a Manufacturer Profile, but my 25mm f/1.7 and 12–32 do not. Is this difference/lack down to Phase One, or Panasonic?

And what about Panasonic lenses such as the 15/1.7, 42.5/1.2, 42.5/1.7, and the newly-announced 12/1.4? FWIW, I had a first-version 20mm Lumix, which had and has a C1 preset. It does appear to me that Capture One favours Olympus over Panasonic as far as lenses are concerned.

I am still looking for that brick wall.

mediumcool

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:10 pm »

[scratches head]

David, I really do not understand your reply. I use both Olympus and Panasonic lenses, mostly on an Olympus E-M5; I have one other Panasonic lens (45–175) which DOES show a Manufacturer Profile, but my 25mm f/1.7 and 12–32 do not. Is this difference/lack down to Phase One, or Panasonic?

And what about Panasonic lenses such as the 15/1.7, 42.5/1.2, 42.5/1.7, and the newly-announced 12/1.4? FWIW, I had a first-version 20mm Lumix, which had and has a C1 preset. It does appear to me that Capture One favours Olympus over Panasonic as far as lenses are concerned.

OK, time to stop scratching. I get it, but the advice is of course no help for at least some non-Olympus lenses on the E-M5. The example shown in my post was shot with my (still OK) Panasonic G3; I just tried the 45–175 Lumix on the Olympus E-M5, and got only the Generic option. So, the E-M5 is not writing the Lumix distortion table to the file. That is not very inspiring, given the promise of standardisation.

So perhaps PhaseOne might like to create their own presets for MIA Lumix lenses, to fill that particular gap! [insert suitable pleading emoji here]

I will be selling the 45–175 as I have purchased a Zuiko 50–200 on eBay.

• Capture One
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 04:06:01 am »

OK, time to stop scratching. I get it, but the advice is of course no help for at least some non-Olympus lenses on the E-M5. The example shown in my post was shot with my (still OK) Panasonic G3; I just tried the 45–175 Lumix on the Olympus E-M5, and got only the Generic option. So, the E-M5 is not writing the Lumix distortion table to the file. That is not very inspiring, given the promise of standardisation.

So perhaps PhaseOne might like to create their own presets for MIA Lumix lenses, to fill that particular gap! [insert suitable pleading emoji here]

I will be selling the 45–175 as I have purchased a Zuiko 50–200 on eBay.

Ok glad you got it. :)

Yes its a bit disappointing that even though the mount is standard seems some of the communication isn't!

We have profiled some micro 4/3rds lenses (as you have noted) and yes more to Olympus as they were more forthcoming with samples!

D
David Grover

mediumcool

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:57:39 pm »

… a bit disappointing that even though the mount is standard seems some of the communication isn't!

More than a bit—you’re being quite diplomatic! It’s a disgrace IMO.

We have profiled some micro 4/3rds lenses (as you have noted) and yes more to Olympus as they were more forthcoming with samples!

I did wonder about that—perhaps Panasonic should man up and provide samples to PhaseOne for testing. And let’s not forget that PhaseOne has assessed lots of 4/3 lenses as well.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up