Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V3.0 of Corel's After Shot Pro is now available  (Read 2951 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
V3.0 of Corel's After Shot Pro is now available
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:32:52 am »

I only just noticed it, but it may have released some time ago. I just mention it here for completeness, as this area is a good resource to find out about RAW developers.
--
Robert

Lundberg02

Re: V3.0 of Corel's After Shot Pro is now available
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:22:35 pm »

I got their email today so I think it was just out now.I haven't read the new features yet. I use Iridient myself but I have AfterShot and will probably upgrade. Hope someone who uses it will comment here in Voluminous Landscape.

pluton

Re: V3.0 of Corel's After Shot Pro is now available
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:15:36 pm »

Attempting to use the trial on a Macbook Pro with NEC PA 271 monitor connected.  Can't get ASP-3 to exist on, or be dragged over to, the large 2nd monitor.
Apparently, based on comments I saw in Corel's user forum, ASP-2 did not support multiple monitors.  Interestingly, ASP-1 works fine on two monitors.
Oh well, that was a quick trial....
UPDATE:  In the interest of fairness, I learned that by mirroring the two available monitors, and then selecting 'full screen', one can operate ASP-3 on a second monitor, although the #1 monitor(the laptop screen, in my case) is now occupied with a small image of the same thing.  The absence of the freedom to move and position the overall window is annoying, however.  Many complain about the inability of Lightroom to detach/reposition the control panels, but this is worse IMO.
I can report is that:
1)    The ability to recover highlights seems to be weaker than Lightroom in terms of range..  It reminds me a lot of Lightroom/ACR Process 2010, which, depending on what you're trying to do, could be a good thing.  Except, ACR/LR already has Process 2010, AND Process 2012.
2)  It has a really thin "print module" of sorts, but it's not nearly as feature-rich as Lightroom. 
3) It crashed a lot.  I manage to make Lightroom crash about 2 or 3 times a year.  ASP-3 crashed several times in half an hour.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:18:31 pm by pluton »
Pages: [1]   Go Up