Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Watchmen at Sunset, III - again from Cappadocia (Turkey)  (Read 1487 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES

A fiery red sunset and a set of hoodoos standing like Watchmen watching over Turkey's otherworldly Cappadocia's landscapes: it is impossible not to get inspired when walking among Cappadocia amazing formations.

With the Sigma SD1 Merrill, 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6, on a tripod with the help of polariser, Grad ND and solid ND filters. Thanks for viewing! Best,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: The Watchmen at Sunset, III - again from Cappadocia (Turkey)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:58:14 am »

Good light and colours.l

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 02:53:33 am »

Forgive me if someone's already asked, but how do you like that Sd1?
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

francois

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:41:39 am »

Very different light from your previous shot but this one is just as nice and quite a bit more mysterious.
Francois

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 12:15:16 pm »

Good light and colours.l

Thank you very much Paulo!  :D

Forgive me if someone's already asked, but how do you like that Sd1?

The SD1 Merrill is a strange camera - great files at base ISO, but you have to process them through Sigma's proprietary software which is a pain in the ^$$ to use, slow and buggy (though the last versions have improved quite a bit); very noisy over ISO 400-800 (depending on the light they can be almost unusable). Long exposures are OK but can be noisy over 1 minute. Optics are a mixed bag, some are great (the new A series, for instance) some less so, and buy them from a place with a good return policy (the old ones especially are very much hit or miss as far as consistency). The camera is very fast on some operations (number of shots per seconds, for instance) but extremely slow in other, such as preview, and its speed is globally much worse than my Pentax 645z medium format; AF is precise, but not really fast. Overall, a great camera for something and a very frustrating one for something else - as a landscape photographer I could live with its quirks, but eventually I sold it and moved on to Medium Format. You can check out my blog for many reviews / articles about it. Hope this helps!

Very different light from your previous shot but this one is just as nice and quite a bit more mysterious.

Thank you very much Francois, I am glad you enjoyed this one as well!  :D
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini
Pages: [1]   Go Up