Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Canon 500mm F4 (ver.1) in mint condition  (Read 962 times)

60HzShuffle

FS: Canon 500mm F4 (ver.1) in mint condition
« on: April 27, 2016, 07:26:04 pm »

Hi All,

I have not really used this lens and have decided to part with it.  The lens is in mint condition.  I can't really see any dust in the lens, not to say you may not be able to see some microscopic dust.  It comes with the original case, a Wimberley foot, manual and an additional soft hood.  I am asking $4000 plus actual shipping costs (via Fedex or UPS) and will ship within the US only.  Please check out the questions and let me know if you have any questions.  I may post to ebay this weekend.  I also have excellent ebay feedback if you would like to see it.

Thanks
John

Robert DeCandido PhD

• http://www.BirdingBob.com
Re: FS: Canon 500mm F4 (ver.1) in mint condition
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:12:31 pm »

No need to post to Ebay...just be a little patient. LL (this site) is not really the place to sell this lens. It is unlikely that anyone who reads this list will buy your lens from this site...Most folks here are large/medium format to high-res 35mm - and shoot slower moving objects such as landscapes or their kids...

I have tried to sell a few Canon telephotos here and have had no luck. Instead I have had the most sales from FM (Fred Miranda) forums - I think it is $25/year for membership and you can advertise as many lenses/cameras per year as you wish; also DP Review (Digital Photography review) - membership is free and no cost to sell anything there.

Selling on Ebay with Paypal fees - that will eat up 10% of your advertised price. But your $4000.oo is a good starting point and this is the right time of the year to sell. Just be patient..FM is the best place to sell a supertelephoto from Canon (or Nikon). It might take 2-6 weeks depending upon price...but be patient.

60HzShuffle

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:29:30 pm »

thanks for the advice Robert!

BoazParson

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »

I concur with Robert.

I also sold 600/4 IS on FM site last year. Also sold my friend's Canon 1Dx  2weeks ago on FM site.
I strongly encourage you to take a look at FM site you will be warmly welcomed as well.

Your price is just about right on FM. So you will be rewarded over there sooner or later.

Sunny
Pages: [1]   Go Up