Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsizing images in C1  (Read 2397 times)

aibley

Downsizing images in C1
« on: April 27, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »

I have been trying to make a first upload of an image to the LUF which restricts image size to 1280 x1280 pixels. Foolishly I did not clone the original DNG variant. Using the Process Recipe tool I downsized the original(edited) DNG which was shot on a Leica Sand exported the downsized JPG to a Desktop Folder.
I now see the processed image in the Catalog is the one I edited in the Process Recipe Tool. I know that Capture One is a non destructive editing program. Can someone please explain how I relocate and restore the original DNG image. I apologize if this is a silly question.

Richard_Marcellus

Re: Downsizing images in C1
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:33:50 pm »

Exporting an image from CaptureOne with a process recipe does not alter your raw file. You are can export again with other process recipes to create output files with different resolutions, bit depths and image formats. You can even export with multiple process recipes clicked on at the same time and generate multiple files

Richard
Instagram: richardcmarcellus

TommyWeir

Re: Downsizing images in C1
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:21 pm »

Richard is correct.  The original is unaffected.  There's possibly confusion over the particular role Process Recipes have within C1.

The selected Process Recipes determine a lot, have a look at your Histogram as you click through a few different ones, for example.  Note, not your Levels tool, that's independent, but your Process Recipe will remap its own representation of the histogram according to the color space and parameters you've set up within the recipe. 

One thing they do is affect how cropping is communicated.  The measure indicated on the dimensions of the image in the Viewer stems from the Process Recipe, so it could state it in inches for a full size output selected.  If you had an output of 1200 pixels across it would indicate that instead.  The original file is not what is displayed, it's the outcome according to the Process Recipe. 

You can set a default profile for this in the View Menu: View>Proof Profile and select, it defaults to 'selected recipe'.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:03:01 pm by TommyWeir »
Pages: [1]   Go Up