Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 problem  (Read 3654 times)

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
Epson P800 problem
« on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:51 pm »

After downloading and installing the most recent driver and firmware for my printer, the option for front load fine art paper is no longer available. The only option for anything other than borderless is poster, which of course won't allow premium luster paper.
I've tried contacting Epson support, uninstalling/reinstalling the printer, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, neither have which has worked. Epson requested I contact their upper level support so I'm waiting for them to open. In the mean time I'm wondering if anyone here might have a solution.

howardm

Re: Epson P800 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:53:19 pm »

Did you possibly install the Airprint driver by mistake?  It's often the first one offered.

In the right side window, next to "Type", what does it say?

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:15:53 pm »

Nope, it is the bonjour driver. 

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 12:58:43 am »

A couple of screen shots may help, tough to diagnose.

Did you try using the Epson uninstall utility before installing the Epson supplied driver?

Conflicts with Apple supplied epson drivers taking over are common place and pretty much the only cause for these types of issues.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:04 am »

Interesting... the Epson support person just had me delete the driver file from the Library, but anyway, I did try deleting it using the Epson uninstall app. Re-installed it again after re-boot but still having the same problem. Screenshot attatched.

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 06:10:28 am »

Your screen shot is the classic symptom of the Airprint driver.  Are you sure that's not what you have?  If you accept the defaults when installing the driver, you'll end up with Airprint.

At the OS level, under System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners what is the exact description of your printer in the drop-down?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 07:47:49 am »

Nope, it is the bonjour driver.

Uninstall the printer in Preferences Printers&Scanners and re-install it using the "Series" Driver. Check from the Epson website that you have the latest driver version 9.69 and firmware installed. Then you select the Fine Art Feed from LR or PS in: Print>Print Settings>Printer Settings>Paper Source.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

howardm

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 08:05:18 am »

OP, I hear what you're saying but do remove the driver again and reinstall.  Let the system find all of the driver possibilities (can take 30 seconds or so).  You may well get the EpsonTCP or SC800 driver as a choice.  Or, post a snap of what your choices are during the driver install.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:12:57 am »

Uninstall the printer in Preferences Printers&Scanners and re-install it using the "Series" Driver. Check from the Epson website that you have the latest driver version 9.69 and firmware installed. Then you select the Fine Art Feed from LR or PS in: Print>Print Settings>Printer Settings>Paper Source.

That's what I couldn't find. In the past I was always able to get to it by Page Setup>Paper Size>US Letter, and the Front Fine Art Sheet option was there.

Not sure what to think, but thank you so very much.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 08:35:25 am »

That's what I couldn't find. In the past I was always able to get to it by Page Setup>Paper Size>US Letter, and the Front Fine Art Sheet option was there.

Not sure what to think, but thank you so very much.

That was in version 9.41 of the driver. In the newer version 9.69, the FFA selection has been moved from Page Set-Up to where I indicated it now is. Hope you have found it now.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 09:10:13 am »

Yes, I did.

I guess what's weird is even after spending over an hour trying to figure out what the problem was, even Epson support didn't know.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:14:00 am by hokuahi »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 09:12:43 am »

Super

Nora_nor

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:12 am »

9.69 version is pretty good.
I just rename the AirPrint driver with AirPrint so it is very clear what is going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up