Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iceland Trip Report  (Read 2118 times)

muralin

• Murali's Website
Iceland Trip Report
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:43:35 pm »

Not sure if this fits in this sub forum or in the Locations sub forum.

I visited Iceland from March 17 thru March 29 this year and traveled from Hellissandur on the west coast to Hofn in the south east. My relatives in India wanted a day by day account of the trip. The emphasis is on pictures rather than on words. You can view the blog including drive map of the day, pictures with location info, and tips and anecdotes at https://icelandtrip2016.wordpress.com/. It is pretty loooong though - 90+ images and associated text. Hope u like it and find it informative!!!

Murali
Murali
https://www.muralipix.com (Photography trips blog with pictures & location info)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Iceland Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 03:18:40 am »

Thanks for the link - looks interesting, and simply reinforces my desire to visit. Some good photography too.

John R

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 03:22:24 am »

Bill beat me to it. You have some excellent photography. Iceland is difficult terrain and you did it justice considering your limited stay. Nice blog, too.

JR

the_marshall_101

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 05:55:09 am »

Nice read and pics - enjoyed.  I used the same rental company and didn't have any of your hassle - neither did some other guys I met - experiences can vary a lot, it seems :/

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 09:17:20 am »

Very informative. I'll be there in June with 24 students and 3 other faculty. Photography will be restricted, but it will be fun nonetheless.

I am familiar with Iceland's milder-than-one-would-expect-for-that-latitude climate, but am still surprised at how fine your weather was in March. Perhaps that's a better time to travel. There would certainly be fewer tourists than in June.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

the_marshall_101

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »

There's a big difference north-to-south.  Approx 10 degC.  North is seriously cold and icy, south is just chilly. In my experience.

Sean H

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »

A fascinating and very useful report thank you! I liked some of the photos too. These are valuable notes for the rest of us who will be travelling to Iceland. Again, thank you so much. The story about the dog was amusing; I encountered something similar in a different part of the planet. Some  years ago I was exploring the Western part of Vancouver island and on the outskirts of a village I found a small beach/bay and sat on the rocks to watch the sunset and salmon leap in the air to catch insects. Then a dog came up to me and brought a tennis ball that it kept insisting that I throw for it to fetch. I looked around but could not see its human companion...perhaps they lived in a cottage that was above the beach. At any rate, to placate the dog, I would throw throw the stick and it would dutifully bring it back and then bark for me to throw it again. It was old and had arthritis but insisted on playing this "game" for an hour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up