Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Photoguard any good?  (Read 11250 times)

tibet2004uk

• http://www.pascalerphotography.com
Is Photoguard any good?
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:49:24 pm »

I'm about to get an insurance for my gear and public liability and, so far, I found that Photoguard offers the best deals by far.
Is any of you insured with them and if yes, do you have any complaints and/or advice to share?
Thx in advance.

Ben Rubinstein

Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 04:09:31 pm »

I'm insured with them after a horrible experience with that joke E&L insurance. They have a no excess deal and you don't have to specify items under £100, just lump the values together.

So far I've not had any need to use them thank G-d. I like the fact you can get a quote and amend the policy over the web and they are regulated by the appropriate bodies which means any serious complaints can go to the people in charge.

tibet2004uk

• http://www.pascalerphotography.com
Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 07:30:55 pm »

Yes, that's what I like about it too, with their very competitive prices of course, the fact that u can apply online. I have an issue though, they don't cover professional indemnity! And that's not too good. Do u know of any other insurers that allow applications and payments online and who would offer a complete cover?

Ben Rubinstein

Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:54 pm »

never heard of a specific camera insurer in the UK offering indemnity insurance, they do have liability but I would check your business insurance for specific indemnity clauses.

trent

Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:05:50 am »

I'm about to get an insurance for my gear and public liability and, so far, I found that Photoguard offers the best deals by far.
Is any of you insured with them and if yes, do you have any complaints and/or advice to share?
Thx in advance.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here in the states I did have insurance through insurance broker [a href=\"http://www.insurancepaylite.com]InsurancePayLite[/url], here they have this well known companies wherein you can compare their rates and policies side by side, then you got to choose the cheapest and with good a good policy for you. They can surely help you decide which insurance company is best for your insurance needs.

Julian Love

Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 10:42:36 am »

I used to be insured with photoguard. I made one claim, which they dealt with promptly. Since I turned professional I took insurance with Morgan Richardson. They are able to customise the policy to your business (so you have to phone them for a quote, no web calculator) and are also cheaper (for what I need). I have not yet had to make a claim with them yet.

Julian

Hank

Is Photoguard any good?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 11:55:19 am »

I don't know how truly international they are in spite of their name, but WPPI offers a comprehensive policy at competitive rates here in the US.  We haven't tried it simply because we have been so happy with the policy and service through PPA, though I'm not sure if it's available outside the US.  In either case, the policies will be useful for comparison.
Pages: [1]   Go Up