Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 and Legacy paper... Do I need a profile if only doing B/W?  (Read 738 times)

DavidPalermo

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 126

I have an old 3800 printer and want to try the new Legacy paper from Epson but Epson doesn't have any profiles for this printer.

I use Epson's Advanced B/W driver and I think all I really need to set is a paper type - matte, glossy, etc to closely match the paper characteristics and whether to use matte or photo black.

So do I really even need a paper profile for printing B/W?
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson 3800 and Legacy paper... Do I need a profile if only doing B/W?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:42:31 pm »

If you are using the ABW driver it does not depend on icc profiles used by your editing/printing application, so no, you would not install any new profiles. You will of course probably need to experiment a bit with the ABW settings to see which gives you the photographic characteristics you want in the print.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up