Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Development CS6 and ACR 9.5 Working Together  (Read 2863 times)

dwswager

Interesting Development CS6 and ACR 9.5 Working Together
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:03:43 am »

I have been contemplating a switch to LR CC and Photoshop CC since I have a preorder for a Nikon D500 and CS6 tops out with ACR 7.1(?) and does not support the D500.

Having installed both LR CC and Photoshop/Bridge CC (with Photoshop CS6 still installed), when I open an image in ACR from Bridge CS6 it opens in ACR 9.5!  I guess I should not be surprised as it is a common component as opposed to being built in.

The question is, when the trial of Photoshop CC ends, will ACR 9.5 still function with Bridge CS6?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:22:24 am by dwswager »

kirkt

Re: Interesting Development CS6 and ACR 9.5 Working Together
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:26:44 pm »

No it will not work after the trial is over.  I, too, noticed that during the switch from CS6 to CC that I made (to the subscription model) that my ACR in PSCS6 was imbued with all of the CC features.  In other words, if you have a legit CC app on your machine, CS6 will be able to take advantage of the ACR plug-in features for CC.  Once that CC app is no longer legit, CS6 will no longer be able to use the CC ACR version/features.

I assume it will behave similarly now - my experience with this was more than a year or so ago.  I assume Adobe make it very easy to experience the newer features and camera support so will make the decision to go CC.

kirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up