Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to arrange for payment on sales through this site?  (Read 975 times)

wwirth

Best way to arrange for payment on sales through this site?
« on: April 07, 2016, 01:03:06 pm »

Hi. I am new to selling my equipment. Can someone tell me the best way to handle a sales transaction. In other words, how to not get taken... Thank you.

DanielStone

Re: Best way to arrange for payment on sales through this site?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »

Paypal, or direct bank transfer. However, if you're dealing locally, cash in hand is best ;)
Ship via a reputable, fully insured(unless you like tempting fate) carrier. Fedex, DHL, USPS, UPS, etc.
Keep your buyer informed about shipping, shipping details, etc.
Over-describe things. I've always found it better to over-describe than try and "hide" something and hope they don't see it.

-Dan

wwirth

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »

Great help! Thank you!

AlterEgo

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

Hi. I am new to selling my equipment. Can someone tell me the best way to handle a sales transaction. In other words, how to not get taken... Thank you.

when I was using a certain (brand) equipment the website/forum dedicated to it had (still has) a feedback system where upon each transaction seller & buyer can leave a description of their experience... so you can in many situations do a research (in addition to googling the buyer's name, etc) and cross reference who leaves what kind of feedback... pity that LuLa does not have such capability

example of my ratings :

Jan K.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »

I saw a seller here accepting paypal gift or "friends"... which is a no-no, if you want paypal protection and against paypal rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Up