Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the New digiback tests...  (Read 4397 times)

William_Good

• http://www.williamwgood.com
the New digiback tests...
« on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:16 pm »

....very, very interesting!
I think the inclusion of film and dslrs added an important POV for a wide range of photogs.
I just had a chance for a quick read, I will peruse more!
Thanks for putting all the time into this, Michael & all  
Website URL in profile

Tony Klimo

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:16:45 pm »

I think the inclusion of film and dslrs added an important POV for a wide range of photogs.

I am looking forward to print some of these files.
I do have one concern, though... whatever happened to the jurney of discovery and learning?
Will new talent forever segregated to only wish for a certain technical level. If film is dead, as had been suggested, how will anybody be able to just "slap a very old and useless MF or LF lens on a wood frame with a beaten-up filmholder" on a perfect Sunday evening and create life altering images?
The "hand-me down" grandpa gear turned into an upfront $100,000 plus investment overnight.
I know it is called progress...
Tony

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:56:50 pm »

i would say,- buy a nice p+s camera or a d60 or a older kodak slr together with some second hand lenses,- go out,- and shoot great images or some "life altering images ". thats all you need to have a similar way of shooting than in your example of the old days. you even can do exactly what you suggest right now. its still not forbidden to use film... and the filmgear is cheaper than it was ever before.
we are just at the moment so technical hyped that we forget that the last generations of digi-cameras also brought a very good image level if used by the right hands.
or the 200$ p+s can make great pictures if you make them................
probably BMW will not give you the job to shoot their cars with it, but they wouldnt have done it also to the old mf and lf lense owners you refered your comment.

Quote from: Tony Klimo,May 22 2006, 07:16 PM

I am looking forward to print some of these files.
I do have one concern, though... whatever happened to the jurney of discovery and learning?
Will new talent forever segregated to only wish for a certain technical level. If film is dead, as had been suggested, how will anybody be able to just "slap a very old and useless MF or LF lens on a wood frame with a beaten-up filmholder" on a perfect Sunday evening and create life altering images?
The "hand-me down" grandpa gear turned into an upfront $100,000 plus investment overnight.
I know it is called progress...
Tony
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66287\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[attachment=612:attachment]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:01:36 pm by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp
Pages: [1]   Go Up