Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Barnyard  (Read 1500 times)

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
The Barnyard
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:39:50 am »

Having led into this subject from the rear, so to speak, in my previous Out Back post featuring an old ranch after a snow storm, I'll move around to another angle showing the barnyard. This barn was built in the late 1800's, and it retains the original beams. I had admired it in passing many times, but after the snowfall I approached the ranch house and knocked on the door. An elderly lady answered, and kindly granted permission for me to wander around taking pictures--with the understanding that I would bring back some prints for her. Which I did a few days later, and at that point received a guided tour from her son. Quite an informative and rewarding experience.

Logged

Chairman Bill

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3352
    • flickr page
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:48:54 am »

I like it. Really nice composition & B&W suits the subject perfectly

Chris Calohan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3539
  • Editing Allowed
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26:27 am »

+1
Logged
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:39:35 am »

I like it. Really nice composition & B&W suits the subject perfectly

I heartily concur!

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:00:19 am »

Very nice composition. I love the wintery landscape.
Well done!
Logged
Francois

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 07:12:47 am »

Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:30:31 am »

I agree with all the praise.

It is in astonishingly good condition for its age. Old barns around here (Massachusetts) usually have sway-back roof lines or all falling down.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 12:37:25 am »

Thanks, guys. Glad you liked it.
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: The Barnyard
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »

Good stuff, great foreground and context. I like!
Logged
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up