Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CFV-100 in April?  (Read 8721 times)

maxs

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
CFV-100 in April?
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:40:54 pm »

Someone on this forum was/is selling their CFV-50c and when I inquired why they said because the heard the CFV-100 was coming out next month.

This person was in China. I wonder if they know something we don't !
Logged

sgilbert

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 134
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:13:14 pm »

Many people on this forum think they know things "we" don't.

Logged

Theodoros

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2454
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 02:39:23 pm »


+1 ...Many more even invent subjects with no real benefit behind the "discussion" too...
Logged

gdh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 539
    • https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »

It's safe to say that a whole lot of people know things I don't :(

Theodoros

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2454
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »

A friend of mine told me, that ...a friend of his told him, that in John Mayall's song "Looking back" the lyrics are like this... "I was looking back to see, if she was looking back to see, if I was looking back at.... her!"
Logged

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:41:57 pm »

A friend of mine told me, that ...a friend of his told him, that in John Mayall's song "Looking back" the lyrics are like this... "I was looking back to see, if she was looking back to see, if I was looking back at.... her!"

Well, I do like your musical reply, Theo. Here is a link for the crowd.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGJBXQFTlM

May I raise with "Don't worry, be Happy"?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Q2MZfBuW4

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:49:09 pm by eronald »
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

razrblck

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 482
  • Chill
    • Instagram
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 02:15:04 am »

I would be surprised if there isn't a CFV-100 coming relatively soon. :P
Logged
Instagram (updated often)

Endeavour

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 421
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 09:40:43 am »

selling a back to fund an upgrade makes perfect sense

selling a back (which is probably used for your job) before an upgrade is even announced, let alone released - doesnt make much sense to me

but then I cant afford to have a bunch of digital backs kicking around
Logged

Christopher

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1499
    • http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 11:08:01 am »

Well for some it might be worth a lot to get a few thousand more for their old back. It is sure that after a 100mp is announced the 50 will be worth close to nothing.


Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
Logged
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 08:07:19 pm »

Has Edmund's account been hijacked by an imposter?

 ;)

Fear not, I still have all my teeth and they be sharp :)

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:26:43 pm by eronald »
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Joe Towner

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1380
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »

IF there's a V mount 100mp back, it'll be interesting.

Given the steal of a price point of the -50c back, I would expect a -100c to list for $20k.  No point to discount as Phase has said they won't release one.

-Joe
Logged
t: @PNWMF

Paul2660

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4079
    • Photos of Arkansas
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »

It's not a matter of if, but when.  Based on current delivery times on the Phase back, if Hasselblad announces in April, expect delivery in August. Unless Hasselblad uses a different chip than the current Sony chip that Phase One is using.

And if Hasselblad follows the pricing on the 100MP that they did on the 50MP, yes, you can expect it to be less than current Phase One offerings. 

Really not too much new.   The release of the 50c had very little if any effect on the pricing of the IQ250.  It did possibly bring about the IQ150, but even it was only around 4K or so less than the IQ250. 

Paul C
Logged
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Chris Livsey

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 807
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 11:55:51 am »

It is sure that after a 100mp is announced the 50 will be worth close to nothing.
Christopher Hauser
[email protected]

I hope so  ;D Nothing is just about in my budget range.
Logged

jduncan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 434
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 10:10:05 am »

Someone on this forum was/is selling their CFV-50c and when I inquired why they said because the heard the CFV-100 was coming out next month.

This person was in China. I wonder if they know something we don't !

Are the old lenses good enough ? or,  Is this about the size of the sensor ?

Best regards
Logged
english is not my first language, an I k

Bo Dez

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 112
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

I stopped using the V System when I moved to the P65+ for the reason of lenses, build tolerances and viewfinder. The H was better in every way.

But a full frame 50c would be superb.

The rumour mill also suggests a new V/500 type Blad too though - at this point your guess is as good as any of ours.
Logged

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 12:18:36 pm »

Hi,

I have shot some test with shifts on the Sony A7rII. This gives me an image area like 48x37. Distagon 60 OK, Planar 100/3.5 very good. Much better image quality than from the P45+ with the same lenses. The main advantage is much cleaner resolution, without artefacts.

I wouldn't expect really great corners with Distagons and the Planar 120/4 Macro at long distances.

Best regards
Erik

Are the old lenses good enough ? or,  Is this about the size of the sensor ?

Best regards
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

AreBee

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 638
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 12:42:11 pm »

Erik,

Quote
I have shot some test with shifts on the Sony A7rII. This gives me an image area like 48x37. Distagon 60 OK, Planar 100/3.5 very good. Much better image quality than from the P45+ with the same lenses. The main advantage is much cleaner resolution, without artefacts.

Quote
What I think, right now, is that the P45+ still yields a tiny advantage in image quality over the Sony A7rII.

Contradiction?
Logged

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 05:08:31 pm »

Hi Rob,

No contradiction at all. Here I was using a T&S adapter on the Hasselblad lens and stitching, that gives an image area of around 48x36 mm, around the same as the P45+ (at 49x37 mm), but with 82 MP resolution. Here I use the same lens on the P45+ and on the A7rII, but due to stitching I also have the same area. Now, the P45+ is 1.1x crop. So scaled up to full size it would correspond to 100 MP.

The Sony sensor on the A7rII is probably very similar to the coming CFV-100 sensor. So, stitched Sony A7rII images can be used as a pretty good predictor of how well lenses work on the A7rII.

Now, check the attached image, the left one is shot with the P45+ and the right one on the a7rII. Same lens, same FOV, but three exposures. What I think you can see that the image on the right is much cleaner.

The next image shows the same crop, but the A7rII image has been downscaled to P45+ pixel dimensions. Again this is pretty much the same thing as taking the same image with the CFV-100 at 100 MP and scaling down to 39MP. The scaled image is still much better, because it has real resolution instead of aliased detail.

The lens used here was the Planar 100/3.5, that is known as a very sharp lens. I am pretty sure it is also very sharp on the CFV-100.

Best regards
Erik



Erik,

Contradiction?
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

AreBee

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 638
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 05:30:22 pm »

Thanks Erik - I did wonder if I had missed something obvious.

In the second quote in my previous post, was your comment made with respect to single-shot comparison between the two cameras?
Logged

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 05:44:22 pm »

Hi Rob,

Yes, it was a single shot comparison. Or rather, I was shooting with both cameras and compared the results.

Now, a few months have passed since that comparison and I have also shot some thousands new images. To that comes that I got two Canon zooms for the Sony, the 16-35/4L and the 24-105/4L. I don't do a lot of comparisons between the Hasselblad/P45+ and the A7rII but in the latest (single) shots I did compare I would say the Sony wins.

Here are the tests I made with the shift adapter: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/H_CF_Lenses_on_A7rII/

And here are some recent images from a shooting challenge I have accepted: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/WeldonChallenge/
In the "WeldonChallenge" shots the Sony images are underexposed. I payed to much attention to Sony histograms. That underexposure doesn't matter much, but should be mentioned for completeness.

Best regards
Erik

Thanks Erik - I did wonder if I had missed something obvious.

In the second quote in my previous post, was your comment made with respect to single-shot comparison between the two cameras?
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up