Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on how to integrate C1 into a Lightroom workflow  (Read 8836 times)

Manoli

Re: Advice on how to integrate C1 into a Lightroom workflow
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 08:43:18 pm »

Dave,

May I suggest you download a copy of John Beardsworth's Open Directly & try it out as it's a lot easier in practice than it probably sounds  :)  The trial version is fully functional and works on a single app path.

Do you create a new session every time go into C1 from a LR folder, or do you create one "WIP" session in C1 for working all images that get exported back into LR?

I use sessions. One can use a WIP folder but as I said above, it's then easier to simply create an export preset to copy files into that one folder.

The advantage in using the plug-in is this: starting from Lr
1 - select any number of files,
2 - check the checkbox 'make a copy... ' at the bottom of the plug-in screen,
3 - click on the arrow above (next to the C1 path) and a sub-folder is automatically created (in this case 'Capture One 9') the selected files copied to the new folder and a C1 session invoked with focus on the just created sub-folder. No user intervention necessary.

To import back into Lr once the conversion is complete, In C1, export a tiff(s) to the desired directory (usually either the sub-folder or it's original parent) and then run 'Sync folder' from within Lightroom.

When you port over the raw images into C1, what do you do? Copy them first or just open C1 and select the file names you want in their current LR folder location? In order to do that I would need some sort of flag in LR that C1 recognizes so I know which files to pull in.

You don't 'pull' anything in from C1 and you don't need to open C1 first nor do any of the above. Simply select whatever files you want from within Lr - either via a filter, rating, colour or ad hoc selection and the plug-in does the rest - exports and invokes a C1 session with focus on the new sub-folder. See above.

It sounds complicated, but in practice couldn't be any easier .

Hope it helps,
M

Edit:
http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/opendirectly/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:02:12 pm by Manoli »

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Advice on how to integrate C1 into a Lightroom workflow
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

Thank you. Didn't know John had that. Looks very nice.

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up