Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D200 died  (Read 3052 times)

phlacour

Nikon D200 died
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:07:26 am »

I bought a Nikon D200 last december in the UK.
Last month, during a trip in Asia, my camera died suddently. The shutter buttom became inactive and once you replace the battery the camera is dead. Blackout.
I send the body to Nikon pro service London, they replace the DCDC converter and send the body back. A week after the return, same story. My camera died again.
Nikon doesn't know what is causing the problem but REFUSE to replace the body. They are changing the same pieces whithout knowing why they are defaulting.

What should I do?

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
Nikon D200 died
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:03:22 am »

I know it's slow and a pain in the bum, but I suggest you speak to citizen's advice....UK consumer law is really quite good on issues like this; I believe that you can demand a NEW replacement under the sale of goods act because your sample is not fit for the intended purpose.

Good luck with it
C

LeifG

Nikon D200 died
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:56:14 am »

As said, UK consumer law is very good. A product has to be fit for the intended purpose, and if not, you are entitled to a full replacement or your money back. You can always indicate that you will pursue them through the small claims court if they do not provide satisfaction. That might get them to take you more seriously. After all, a camera that repeatedly fails, and which you cannot use because it is being repaired, is little use.

There are also some trading standards web sites in the UK. I'm sure a Google search will find them. You could also contact your local trading standards officer. They were very helpful to my late mother when she was preyed on by sharp salesmen.

Leif
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:56:52 am by LeifG »

erichK

Nikon D200 died
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 05:19:20 pm »

I bought a Nikon D200 last december in the UK.
Last month, during a trip in Asia, my camera died suddently. The shutter buttom became inactive and once you replace the battery the camera is dead. Blackout.
I send the body to Nikon pro service London, they replace the DCDC converter and send the body back. A week after the return, same story. My camera died again.
Nikon doesn't know what is causing the problem but REFUSE to replace the body. They are changing the same pieces whithout knowing why they are defaulting.

What should I do?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=65492\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should defintiely take consumer-protection action *immediately*.  make sure that you keep copies of all correspondence, and dated notes or recordings of any telephone calls.

And you might just metion to Nikon that they've just lost a couple of potential sales. A firend and I were both at the point of buying D200's.  Instead, I'll stay with my Oly setup, and she with her Canons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up