Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just received my first copy of tvj  (Read 5421 times)

sgwrx

just received my first copy of tvj
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:20:31 am »

you know, i really enjoyed watching it and will be re-watching it a few times!

the concept of a video journal seems kind of odd. however it's like some highly targeted personalized hobby TV.  after about 15mins i wondered why this isn't a weekly/monthly show on some cable channel, public television or DYI channel.

i loved the interviews. these are what made me think of the TV show.  it gives you access to someone or something that noone would otherwise have access too.

lol - my first reaction was "it's bob villa!" lol and i hope that's taken as a compliment

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:23:49 am »

The original concept was indeed for a tv show. But rather than be beholden to advertisers and networks, Michael & I decided to self publish. (that being said - interested tv network parties who may wish to broadcast the LLVJ may contact me here . . .)

CS
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:25:08 am by Chrissand »

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:49:58 am »

The original concept was indeed for a tv show. But rather than be beholden to advertisers and networks, Michael & I decided to self publish. (that being said - interested tv network parties who may wish to broadcast the LLVJ may contact me here . . .)

CS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=65400\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Chris,

I go back to old issues and re-watch them from time to time. I'm sure you are aware, the stuff back to issue 3-4-5, is now seriously dated. When you cover software and digital equipment, the viable commerial shelf life of an episode is very short. The location segments and critique segments are timeless. If you were syndicating, would you ramp up the production schedule?
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Bill in WV

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 01:19:48 am »

Chris,

I go back to old issues and re-watch them from time to time. I'm sure you are aware, the stuff back to issue 3-4-5, is now seriously dated. When you cover software and digital equipment, the viable commerial shelf life of an episode is very short. The location segments and critique segments are timeless. If you were syndicating, would you ramp up the production schedule?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=65402\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm with you Bob,
I'm not even sure what the draw is, but I know I have watched the Street Photography segment with John Brownloe on issue #4 several times. There are others too, but if you can get beyond film versus digital, the fundamentals of Photography are pretty universal and timeless. Painting with light remains painting with light. I have a feeling that the Ship Breaking Yards is also going to be watched alot, but I keep going back to issue four for the street photography. The street photo segment on 14 is also rapidly becoming a favorite for replay.
Maybe this says something about where I should be practicing.
Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »

Has anyone seen Bob Villa in any home improvement shows since the LVJ started?

I thought not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up