Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 9.1 released!  (Read 9702 times)

Malcolm Payne

Re: Capture One 9.1 released!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 06:14:28 am »

Hi Bart,

I raised a separate support case this morning with PhaseOne reporting the issues I found and commented on here, and also referencing your and E.J. Peiker's findings.

Did you see the same delays as I did when attempting to change the profile in the output recipe? After clicking on the profile dialog box there is a delay of some 5 seconds when nothing appears to happen at all, then a further 5+ seconds with the spinning 'progress' icon before the list of profiles is finally presented. There was no such delay in previous versions (Win 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-980x CPU).

Cheers,

Malcolm

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 08:39:41 am »

Hi Bart,

I raised a separate support case this morning with PhaseOne reporting the issues I found and commented on here, and also referencing your and E.J. Peiker's findings.

Did you see the same delays as I did when attempting to change the profile in the output recipe?

Malcolm, I don't remember any specific delays, and at the moment the selection is immediately active.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 10:01:47 am »

I solved the problem. C1 Pro 9.1 changes the output recipe to "Embed Camera Profile" regardless of what it was set at in your output recipe on earlier versions. If you change it back to ProPhoto or Adobe RGB or whatever you were using before 9.1 then everything is fine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:29:29 am by E.J. Peiker »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 10:36:03 am »

I solved the problem. C1 Pro 9.1 changes the output color profile to Camera Profile regardless of what it was set at in your output recipe on earlier versions. If you change it back to ProPhoto or Adobe RGB or whatever you were using before 9.1 then everything is fine.

Hi E.J.,

That makes three of us in this thread with 'spontaneous' (after installation of CO version 9.1) profile changes in the output recipes, so far, so it seems a wider spread issue.

Cheers,
Bart

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 10:45:26 am »

Hi E.J.,

That makes three of us in this thread with 'spontaneous' (after installation of CO version 9.1) profile changes in the output recipes, so far, so it seems a wider spread issue.

Cheers,
Bart

Yes, it is my understanding that quite a few similar support cases have been opened.  Every one of my output recipes changed from whatever it was set to to Embed Camera Profile except the ones that were set to sRGB after installing 9.1

Now onto solving all of my problems that iOS 9.3 induced into my life :(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:48:46 am by E.J. Peiker »

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 11:11:03 am »

Just got a confirmation from Phase One on my support case that they also see the issue and have submitted it to the software team to fix it.

AlterEgo

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 11:21:00 am »

I posted a somewhat related bug in Adobe's U2U ACR forum (now I did use embed camera profile in C1 export on purpose) = https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2120395

ACR can handle when invoked in a regular manner to open TIFF file, but can't handle that when used as a filter (while PS CC itself has not issues)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 11:51:47 am »

I posted a somewhat related bug in Adobe's U2U ACR forum (now I did use embed camera profile in C1 export on purpose) = https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2120395

ACR can handle when invoked in a regular manner to open TIFF file, but can't handle that when used as a filter (while PS CC itself has not issues)

Yes, the embedded camera profile is somehow clashing with the use of filters/plugins (in my case with PS 6 extended), but not if first a profile conversion is done in PS.

The unintended change of profile in the export recipe will apparently be addressed by Phase One. I'm not sure how PS (CS6 and CC) get us into trouble, but maybe it is something that has changed in the TIFFs that are exported from C1 (it's unlikely that PS CS6 was changed).

Cheers,
Bart

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »

PhaseOne have responded to my support case with the recommendation that the workaround for now is simply to revert the profile in the output recipe back to the intended one.

I can confirm that the identical issue is present even when the embedded camera ICC profile is set to 'No Color Correction'.  I remain very concerned by the apparent changes in the output file itself, as I use this specific configuration for generating custom camera profiles for art repro. Clearly it's not possible in this case to make any profile changes in the exported file, and any subtle (or not so subtle) incompatibility with the profiling software would be a disaster, especially if not obvious at the time.

I have so advised PhaseOne, so hopefully they'll address the actual output file itself as well as the recipe profile changes.

They have so far been unable to reproduce the delay I experienced in the recipe profile drop-down window, but this has definitely only become an issue with the v9.1 update. Curiously, the directly equivalent drop-down window when selecting Proof Profile from the View menu is almost instantaneous.

Cheers,

Malcolm

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 12:39:01 pm »

PhaseOne have responded to my support case with the recommendation that the workaround for now is simply to revert the profile in the output recipe back to the intended one.

I can confirm that the identical issue is present even when the embedded camera ICC profile is set to 'No Color Correction'.  I remain very concerned by the apparent changes in the output file itself, as I use this specific configuration for generating custom camera profiles for art repro. Clearly it's not possible in this case to make any colour space changes, and any subtle (or not so subtle) incompatibility with the profiling software would be a disaster, especially if not obvious at the time.

I have so advised PhaseOne, so hopefully they'll address the actual output file itself as well as the recipe profile changes.

They have so far been unable to reproduce the delay I experienced in the recipe profile drop-down window, but this has definitely only become an issue with the v9.1 update. Curiously, the directly equivalent drop-down window when selecting Proof Profile from the View menu is almost instantaneous.

Cheers,

Malcolm
No delay issue here either Malcolm so it may be specific to your machine for some reason.

As Bertrand said, a simple conversoion to Adobe RGB or ProPhoto or whatever in Photoshop allows you to apply the plug-ins so no need to reconvert.  And yes, one should go through every output recipe in C1 9.1 and change it from Embed Camera Profile to whatever the intended output color space is.

The View

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »

My copy of C1 has not alerted me of the update.

And when I go to the phaseone website I cannot log in as there's no login button to get my upgrade.

Of course, I can start filling out a form and download a "trial" version.

You could probably design the upgrade process more silly, but it would involve a serious effort.

And what I read about the bugs in 9.1 I will wait until the newly introduced bugs get ironed out again.

Really, if I wouldn't like the processing quality I would have gone to lightroom for a long time, as it's free with my Adobe subscription, and has a much better usability design.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

makaphoto

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 07:23:26 am »

My copy of C1 has not alerted me of the update.

And when I go to the phaseone website I cannot log in as there's no login button to get my upgrade.

Of course, I can start filling out a form and download a "trial" version.

You could probably design the upgrade process more silly, but it would involve a serious effort.

And what I read about the bugs in 9.1 I will wait until the newly introduced bugs get ironed out again.

Really, if I wouldn't like the processing quality I would have gone to lightroom for a long time, as it's free with my Adobe subscription, and has a much better usability design.

Good decision not to upgrade to 9.1 now. I was caught with a serious bug that refused to rename my files. Not only that, but they're also gone from C1. I can still open them in ACR but C1 can't open them anymore. I filed a support case and was told that this is a known issue. This is two weeks ago now. So I had to go back to 9.0.3.

Update: 9.1.1 fixed the Rename Bug
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:15:08 pm by makaphoto »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up