Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000 Printer  (Read 1603 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Canon Pro-1000 Printer
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

Thanks to Mark Segal for a very thorough review of this new printer from Canon.  Interesting that they provide profiles for a variety of 3rd party papers; this is something Epson should do (but I doubt they will since they have such a large paper line that I'm sure they make money from).  The only thing that Canon got wrong was the limitation on print length.  I think it goes beyond what Mark wrote in terms of the standard size for a 17 inch wide print that isn't cropped (25.5 inches long) but that it won't support panoramas of a 17 inch width.  I only have a couple of pano images, but I can print these out on a 3880 without issue but I do a fair amount of 17x25 printing.  Don't know if this is fixable by a firmware update but if it is, Canon should address this drawback.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re: Canon Pro-1000 Printer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:08 am »

They should, they can and I hope they will... but they never saw fit to remove the length restriction on the pixma-pro series. I don't understand their decision making process, but in my case I'll just be sitting back to see what happens over the next few months. In any case, availability seems very limited in Europe atm.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:55:05 am »

Has anybody discovered an A3+ machine that prints black/white as well as did the late, much lamented HP B 9180?

Rob C

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 10:25:32 am »

I can't compare to the HP because I never saw one, but my pixma pro-100 does just fine so far as I'm concerned. It's a dye printer, but if you're not worried about super-duper long life or printing on matte paper, that shouldn't be a problem. Pity about the little ink tanks... but the machine itself is pretty damn cheap. Mine came from the US from a guy who bought it just to get some coupons for a discount on a camera.
Pages: [1]   Go Up